Views
Helpful
Replies

TFN calls are not working.

Yenosh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are having issue with outbound calls to TFN number, We are unable to make a call to TFnumber but all local ,LD and international calls are working.

For the phones which a trying to make a call having external mask as 800 number(which is customer owned tfnumber ) but not our did range. So when i assign vaild DID range s extrnal mask TFN calls are working along with other calls. But customer wants 800 numbers to show outside as a caller ID.

Service provider is saying to include the diversion header for TF call, but all the options for diversion header on trunk are configured but why the diversion is not working for TFN calls.

Is there anything that we are missing?

Call Flow

CUCM --> SBC -->IPLFLex-->Outside

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yenosh
Level 1
Level 1

After having discussion with customer, we convinced him to have locations DID number as a caller ID only for TFN calls and all other calls will have 800 numbers as caller ID.

So, I have implemented below configuration

1)Created new partition
2)Created new RP, only for 800 calls and assigned this to new partition
3)Created new RL and RG. At RG level we applied calling party transformation mask as location DID
3)we have assigned new partition to CSS used by lines
4)tested and everything works fine.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Diversion Header (as the name already suggests) is only added as additional SIP header, when a diversion happens --> E.g. Call forward

Example Scenario: A calls B --> B forwards to C

Then the SIP INVITE to C will contain:

TO: <number of C>

DIVERSION: <number of B>

So, if you do a normal outgoing call, no Diversion Header will be added.

With all providers I have worked with, they all wanted to have the P-Asserted-Identity header, with a number from your DID range.

They use this header to make sure, the call is really coming from the correct trunk.

Because in a Forward scenario, the FROM may not always contain a number from the DID range (e.g. external calls a DN --> DN forwards back to external).

The same applies to your scenario:

If you use a 800 number as external mask, then the FROM will contain a number, that is not in your DID range.

Try adding the Diversion or PAI header with a number of your DID range within a SIP-profile on CUBE and apply it to the outgoing Dial-peer towards provider.

As @b.winter wrote you would need to add the required header by using a SIP profile on your SBC. What header that is is something your service provider needs to tell you.

Response Signature

Hi @Roger Kallberg @b.winter 

yup, The number we should send out only our DID ranges but customer wants to send only 800 external number mask as it is working for local and LD. but 800 mask is not working for TFN calls, So I have performed below things

Calling Party transformation mask to convert caller id from 800 to DID number --> Did not work

Created RP for 800 calls where as calling party transformation mask configured as our DID number: it did not work.

this feature is only needed on 4 phones, so we can not make changes on trunk side. Any suggestions

No. What you ask about is not possible without changes on your trunk.

Response Signature

Can you please confirm where exactly diversion header is need to add on SIP profile

I don’t know if it is diversion header that is needed, you need to confirm this with your service provider. It could be another header that is needed, you’ll have to check this with your service provider. Once you know you add it on the outbound dial peer with a SIP profile. If you use the search functionality you’ll find plenty of posts on this topic.

Response Signature

@Roger Kallberg wrote:

I don’t know if it is diversion header that is needed, you need to confirm this with your service provider. It could be another header that is needed, you’ll have to check this with your service provider. Once you know you add it on the outbound dial peer with a SIP profile. If you use the search functionality you’ll find plenty of posts on this topic.

should this be a new title?

@nordovv wrote:

@Roger Kallberg wrote:

I don’t know if it is diversion header that is needed, you need to confirm this with your service provider. It could be another header that is needed, you’ll have to check this with your service provider. Once you know you add it on the outbound dial peer with a SIP profile. If you use the search functionality you’ll find plenty of posts on this topic .

should this be a new title?

Not sure I understand. Would you care to elaborate?

Apart from this there was no link in my reply, not sure why you added that in the now so call quote of what I wrote?

Response Signature

Yenosh
Level 1
Level 1

After having discussion with customer, we convinced him to have locations DID number as a caller ID only for TFN calls and all other calls will have 800 numbers as caller ID.

So, I have implemented below configuration

1)Created new partition
2)Created new RP, only for 800 calls and assigned this to new partition
3)Created new RL and RG. At RG level we applied calling party transformation mask as location DID
3)we have assigned new partition to CSS used by lines
4)tested and everything works fine.