Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP on 8861

JasonBusby
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Apologies for this question, I'm very new to Cisco and IP Telephony as a whole!

I have a 8861 I want to upgrade the firmware on. Currently its on 11 and I want to upgrade to 12. I want to do this using a TFTP server. I can't find anywhere on the phone to point it tot his TFTP server! 

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jason

7 Replies 7

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Can you go into Settings > Network Configuration > IPv4 (or something similar) ? Towards the bottom you would find an option for TFTP server. I believe it should be option 17 or 14.

Thanks for the speedy response. My options within IPv4 Address settings end at DHCP address released. Nothing below that. 

Every I seem to read suggests it should be in there!

Can you attach a snip of what you see in the settings ?

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Welcome to the great open club and absolutely no need to say apologies. 

Are you using CUCM or CME (Router based CM).

On Phone>> Press Applications >> Network Settings menu, select Admin settings > Ethernet setup >> TFTP Server 1

Thats basically your TFTP server (Most of the cases this will be you CUCM Pub/CUCM Sub)

Below is the procedure to upgrade phone firmware on CUCM.

http://www.uccollaborationgeek.com/how-to-upgrade-cisco-ip-phone-firmware/

Upgrade IP Phone Firmware Individually

Hi,

If I press the Cog icon on the phone, there is only network config. Is there another way I should be getting into admin settings? 

Thanks

Jason

Hi there

You can enable web access on the phone and browse to the ip address of the phone. You can access the ethernet information from there

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Hey I don't have the option to enable web access. I'm able to put in my tftp server info but I don't have access to communication manager to get a xml file. I'm a complete amateur and don't know how to create this from scratch can anyone help me create a  XML load file?