cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP Server not able to communicate with DHCP Switch

Val Constable
Level 1
Level 1

My TFTP Server cannot communicate to my Cisco 6500 E Switch which is the DHCP SERVER.

I am able to ping the TFTP Server from the Switch end , but un able to Copy running config to the Server.

How can I fix this?????

Thanks,

Val...

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How is this related to IP telephony forum?

In either case, what are you doing on the switch to perform the tftp function? Are you doing "copy run tftp"?

Can you post your commands along with what you are getting back?

Chris

The TFTP Server depends on the Dchp server to communicate Firmware updates to the phones and because there is no communication between the two, I am unable to add new phones (7965G & 7945 IP Phones to the network)

You right I should have made myself clear, long day for me, sorry for the error.

Any ideas ....

Thanks,

VAL...

I don't follow, you were asking about saving config file and now you are talking about firmware files.  Firmware files are downloaded from CUCM TFTP server (assuming CUCM deployment), which has nothing to do with the switch.

HTH,

Chris

Ok any ideas why the CUCM TFTP is not sending files to the devices (phones) on a power up I have 16 phones just not powering p to the display screen (Even tried external power cube 3), that did not help. I have another phone after factory default (powering to a display screen), but just stock on an Upgrading screen and the Cisco Logo...

Thanks for your help,

Val..

So, phones are not powering up or not registering?

If the display is ON that means they are powering up, if that is the case are they getting correct IP address from DHCP and can you see a proper TFTP server under the phone's network settings?

Does your DHCP scope has proper option 150 defined to point to the TFTP server.

Is TFTP service running on the server? Is the phone configured in CUCM as the correct defined type, if not are you using auto registration and is it configured properly?

HTH,

Chris

Ok the SWITCH is runing the DCHP (I know it does not matter if the switch or DHCP Server is doing the job), and  yes the DHCP SCOPE OPTION has a proper 150 defined in regards to the TFTP Server.

One (1) phone has a display of Cisco Logo and says Upgrading, but NO options are available (softkeys do work)

"Is TFTP service running on the server? Is the phone configured in CUCM as the correct defined type, if not are you using auto registration and is it configured properly?"

The above I did not check as yet, whats your advice and or method of checking.

Thanks,

Val.

Val,

you have to check the basics first,

Is the phone getting an IP addres?    just check the dhcp pool allocations on whatever is doing the dhcp. If an IP address is assigned to the phone, can you ping the phone from your Call Manager/TFTP server?

check this first.

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: