Helpful
Replies

the number of DSP resources required

ievalleyccie
Level 1
Level 1

If the number of DSP resources required is as the following

DSP required for 5 Conference bridges = 5

and DSP required for 32 Transcoder sessions = 8 (each DSP can accommodate 4 transcoder sessions)

How many DSPs required for  ( maximum sessions hardware 10 and  maximum sessions software 10 ) ?

6 Replies 6

Paul McGurn
Level 6
Level 6

Have you already checked out the DSP calculator?  It's a bit more complicated than what you've noted, because you don't account for number of codecs to be used, complexity of codec, number of conference participants allowed, etc.

http://www.cisco.com/web/applicat/dsprecal/dsp_calc.html

I couldn't use the tool .

I just need to know

How many DSPs required for  ( maximum sessions hardware 10 and  maximum sessions software 10 ) ? using G711ulaw

The tool requires this info in order to give an accurate calculation

Router model

OS version

Interface cards installed

How many concurrent xcode sessions to support

How mnay concurrent conference sessions to support

Number of participants in conference

I ran it with the following, as an example, and it spit out that a single PVDM3-64 was needed

Router: 2921

1x VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 (T1)

1 Low complexity voice codec for T1

10 low complexity transcode sessions

10 low complexity 8-party conference sessions

thanks for your reply but

I just need to know

How many DSPs required for  ( maximum sessions hardware 10 and  maximum sessions software 10 ) ? using G711ulaw

without using the tool

It's there for a reason (this is a complicated question without simple answer, based on your actual router build).  I can't give you an answer based on incomplete requirements.  Someone else may, but note that mileage will vary based on what else you have in that router that'd use DSP's.

If you want to do the math by yourself read this link

Configuring Enhanced Conferencing and  Transcoding for Voice Gateway Routers

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/interop/intcnf2.html

As it has been stated before, without full details of codecs and other data you can only get a rough estimate, either you use the DSP calc or you do the math using the info from the above link.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: