Cisco Employee

Hi Friends !!!

Hope you can give a hand on it.

problem description

==============

ccm version : 8.0.3.2000-2

2 nodes in the cluster

=====================================

phone is in the EST timezone, and all the phones are showing a lag of 12 minutes, from the exact time on all the phones.

Action plan thought by me :

SSH login into the publisher : output for the following commands :

utils ntp status

utils ntp config

utils ntp restart

===================================

Should i take other actions as well to synchronize the time and have the phones get the correct time on them.

Whatever level you reach getting better never stops -- Sachin Tendulkar
25 Replies 25

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the response , let me do it in the next 10-20 minutes and would let you know, asap.

in the meanwhile as discussed earlier, and probably one i had used earlier sometime as well, is there a specific command for the resynchronization of the ntp server from the cli.

Hi

Just 'utils ntp restart'.

It shouldn't be necessary to restart it; the whole point of NTP is that it continuously synchronises.

If the CCM system time drifts, then it's likely that either the CCM has no NTP server configured, the NTP server has incorrect time, or there is no reachability to the NTP server from the publisher.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Due to some live hours was not able to give an update, we have planned a TFTP service restart to see it solves the issue as well as i would get the necessary ntp status from the subscriber as well.

Abhishek Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i just wanted to clear my thoughts on the following, which i have done earlier as well, but the new organization guys are adamant in not accepting it >>> does Restarting the TFTP service during production hours, would cause the calls to drop immidiately, and in case it does ( if et al ) then it would not be more than a few minutes, if i am not wrong ?

Hi

TFTP just serves configuration to the phones. If a  phone is restarting during the restart of TFTP, it may not get it's TFTP config file on the first attempt. If this happens it will retry.

No call impact will occur.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

we got it working as the local time ( as you mentioned) was wrong in the IST zone, a lag of 14 minutes, we changed it from the OS admin on the call manager and finally from the CLI reset the timezone, moving on forward, restarted the cluster, and bingo.. it worked !!!!!

Once again thanks for guidance

Regards,

Abhishek Singh

Hi Abhishek

Great work!!

Tapan

Hey...

Great to see you on the support forum.

No problem!

If it helps, please rate it!

Hi Singh,

It seems i have the same problem as yours , i have a time lag of 8 minutes. i have done all the steps mentioned earlier and the issue still occurs . can you please provide the steps taken when you solved your issue ? it might work for me as well.

regards,

kasem klot