Views
Helpful
Replies

Time of Day Routing for IT Team

apbaseball
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

Our IT department has a common line at DN 499. I would like to setup some sort of "On call" schedule for after hours.

If the call comes in to extension 499 after 5:00PM on Week 1 the call is forwarded to Team member 1 cell phone.

If the call comes in to extension 499 after 5:00PM on Week 2 the call is forwarded to Team member 2 cell phone.

If the call comes in to extension 499 after 5:00PM on Week 3 the call is forwarded to Team member 3 cell phone.

If the call comes in to extension 499 after 5:00PM on Week 4 the call is forwarded to Team member 4 cell phone. 

Etc...etc...

Is there a way I can accomplish this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could use time of day routing. See the link below.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/109588-tod-routing-example00.html

The downside is that you would have to configure either specific days of the week or specific date ranges. No way to do week1, 2, 3 to my knowledge.

Brandon

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's no way to automate that (out of the box at least), you would need to look into external call control profile on CUCM, or other sort of scripting to do what you want.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Any suggestions as to where to begin looking or trying scripting something like this? The whole concept is very new to me and any direction would be extremely helpful!