Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

question on 2 mixed mode clusters with ICT trunk and calls between them

hi guys,

I have a mixed mode 9.1 cucm cluster working fine.  I will be doing a parallel migration to 10.5.2 sooner but the requirement is to have all encrypted.

basically I will take the 9.1 backup and build a lab version , restore, upgrade to 10.5.2, take a backup, change ip address to something else,build new 10.5.2 in production, restore and then build all sub is the approach here. so eventually I will have 2 clusters in mixed mode followed by site by site migration.  Do you see any issues or concern with this approach especially when encryption involved? I have done same approach for non-secure clusters with no issues.

I will then create ICT or sip trunk between the clusters.  some gateways will be registered to one cluster and some will be to other cluster as its site by site.  all I want to make sure is that when calling from a phone in 9.1 cluster to another phone in 10.5, the call to be encrypted?  (lock sign). is that feasible? also calls coming from a gateway to 9.1 to ICT trunk to 10.5 to phone to be encrypted.

thanks a bunch.

vijay

1 Reply 1

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

From gateway to cucm you will need to use ipsec for encryption

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: