cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

time of day routing question

ciscoforum
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a link details about the time-of-day routing? Even the CIPT training book seems not clear to me. Say I want to 1000 call 2000 allowed at 9:00-5:00, outside of this time forward to vm. The book says create two partitions and assign both under 1000's css. My question is :

2000 only can be in one partition, how can assign another partition. We have to use translation pattern and put it in afterhour partition? How does it actually work? confused. Thanks

11 Replies 11

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Note that DN 2000 in partition P1 is unique and not the same as DN 2000 in partition P2. So you can create as many DNs as you want (say 2000) each in a different partition and they will all be unique.

The best thing to do in your scenario is to create a phone with DN 2000 in partition P1. P1 should have a time schedule set to 9:00 to 5:00.

Create a CTI route point with DN 2000 in partition P2. Callforward all calls on the route point to VM.

Create a callhandler or subscriber in Unity with Dn 2000 as required to take a message.

The CSS for remaining phones or gateways who want to call DN 2000 should have P1 listed first and then P2.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks very much. In which situation/scenario to use translation-pattern will be better?

I have a customer that wants:

1. the Admin phones to call any phones during the day/evening at any site.

2. Site 'X' should only call phones within the site and make external calls during day.

3. In the evening, any site can call any other site and receive/make external calls.

I am unable to get this to work. Any suggestions?

Hi Allyson, what you need to do is to have different CSS, for instance on option 1, they will have a CSS with no restriction at all.

On option 2, you just need to implement Time of Day Routing, and create a "denied time" partition for that, on those phones CSS you will assign that partition at the higher level, this partition will have a TOD night schedule, and we will include a copy of the route patterns that they normally use to call outside, but with the slightly difference that instead of having the Route this pattern option selected, it will have the Block this pattern instead.

This route patterns will start blocking the calls when the TOD routing schedule is active since during the day, the "denied time" partition will be disabled.

And about the last option, after doing this, you just do not need to worry about it; since we are just blocking the route patterns that provide access to the GW (Outbound calls).

Please let us know if this works for you.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edbaa.html

Will this send the calls (for example) from Site A to Site B and any external call coming into site A or B during day hours to voicemail? But allow caller to make calls within their own sites and call to the PSTN?

Allison, make a new partition, copy the route patterns into that partition and change the flag from Route this pattern to block this pattern, then copy the CSS and add the new partition at the top of it. After you have that, create two Time Periods (for instance, from 00:00 to 05:00 and from 20:00 to 23:59), then create one Time Schedule and assign those two time periods. After that, go back to the partition that we just create, and assign the Time Schedule.

At this point, you just need to change the CSS on the phones in order to block the outbound calls at that time, if you have a device pool for that site, just change the CSS there.

Maybe I am not understanding you or your not understanding me...i dont want to block outbound calls to the PSTN. I want to send calls from the PSTN or from other sites to directly to voicemail during day hours, then allow calls to ring the phone after hours. I dont want the callers to ever get a reorder tone or intercept messsage. If you have any suggestions?

Hi Allyson,

I am so sorry, I was confused because I read the original message of this post; what you need to do is exactly the same as my described on my previous post; but instead of route patters, just add some CTI Route points on that partition with the same extension as the phones extension, also, please remember to select the Forward All to VM, and since the previous schedule was done for after hours, just change the time schedules.

This will deny outbound calls for the phones that have this CSS asigned.

espereir
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

Regarding to your question, the TP is used when we need to strip or add some digits, for instance TP that strips the first 6 digits of a 10 digit dialing when you have several sites in order to avoid international dialing from one site to another, or when you want to add some digits or change the number that you are dialing.

On the last case, an easy example will be a facility with a front desk secretary, after working hours, the calls will be redirected to the security guy phone (so a TP will re direct the call from DN 1685 to DN 1671 for instance).

Normally, it depends on how complex the call flow is, and the easiest way to do it.