Views
Helpful
Replies

Timer problem with Mobile Connect

Clement BONNAL
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a CUCM 9.0 and I try to use Mobile Connect.

My CallManager is in UK, and when I call an internal number (6017), I want to ring too a French mobile (so 90033xxxxxxxxxx#).

I've created remote destination for this number associated to a remote destination profile, and it is OK.

But mobile phone rings only 1 or 2 times and it hangs up. I tried to play with timers but without result.

Currently I have minimum timers :

- Answer Too Soon Timer : 0

- Answer Too Late Timer : 30000

- Delay Before Ringing Timer : 0

Please help,

Clement

8 Replies 8

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Clement, 

Here is what the answer too soon timer is defined as:

Answer Too Soon Timer:

Enter the minimum time in milliseconds that Cisco Unified Communications Manager requires the mobile phone to ring before answering the call. This setting accounts for situations where the mobile phone is switched off or is not reachable, in which case the network may immediately divert the call to the mobile phone voice mail. If the mobile phone is answered before this timer expires, Cisco Unified Communications Manager pulls the call back to the enterprise

So setting the value to 0 means there is no chance the call will connect..try 1500

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hello aokanlawon,

Same result with 1500ms, mobile phone rings only 2 times

Clement,

Do you have cfna set to vm? If you do you may need to increase the ring time on the DN from the default 12s to 20s. Try that

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Thank you,

I put 40s as CFNA, after it goes on VM.

Now I have these settings :

- Answer Too Soon Timer : 1500

- Answer Too Late Timer : 30000

- Delay Before Ringing Timer : 1000

So I compose 6017 from 6016 (t=0ms)  :

- (t=100ms) : I can see 6017 ringing immediately,

- (t=1000ms) : I suppose one second after that, CUCM compose 90033xxxxxxxxx#

- (t=6000ms) : My mobile phone rings 6 seconds after that (international delay!)

- (t=8500ms) : My mobile phone rings only during 3 to 4s

- (t=40000ms) : Calling phone is now redirected to 6017 VoiceMail

Aren't T3xx timers from System -> Service Parameters -> Cisco CallManager in cause ?

Regards,

Clement

No, T3XX timers do not come into play here..It still has something to do with the CFNA duration on the phone..As far as cucm is concerned the when the 40s is up, it pulls the call back to voicemaill..To confirm this..Increase the CFNA to 100s, and check how may times it rings on your mobile

Ok,

After setting up 100 seconds as

- 6 seconds later, my mobile phone rings only two times

- 6017 IP Phone continue to ring all the 100 seconds alone,

- After 100 seconds, 6016 is redirected to 6017 voicemail.

So no problem with line timer, something seems to interrupt suddently my mobile phone ring whereas 6017 IP Phone continue to ring!

Ok..Do you have mobile connect enabled on the remote destination? Try and check the tickbox enable mobile connect...This will ensure that once the its 6017, it will ring the mobile phone immediately..What type of gateway are you using? ISDN?

Can you send a debug isdn q931?

Ok so, Mobile Connect was already check so I uncheck and check again and now I have a different comportment...

My mobile phone already rings 2 times, but AFTER, 6016 is immediatelay redirected to 6017 voicemail, without waiting for the 80 remaining seconds (

About gateway, I use EMEAR Cisco dCloud infrastructure virtualized in London, and because gateway is shared between many users, I haven't console access to it. I can just see on CUCM that this is an H323 gateway.