Views
Helpful
Replies

Transcoding in CUBE

tony loktu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

As our TSP is removing the support for G.711ulaw it will impose probles for our UCCX.

We also have 2x CUBE with DSPs so i should be able to transcode there.

I found this thread but i cant seam to make it work as we only have dial-peers (not ephones) on CUBE.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony/ccx-recording-g711alaw/td-p/2568155

Or do i actually have to configure telephony service on CUBE to make it work?

There is no way of making a dial-peer for the DNs thats directed to the UCCX (the DNs are scattered around).

/T

18 Replies 18

Hi Graham

Thanks for your time and assistance, it was very helpful.

I've tested it in our staging environment and it works. We're going to put this into production the next few days. 

/T

Michael.Heimann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, as far as I see this is listed as an Enhancement in CSCul41517 and a Severe Bug in CSCtg52640.

CSCtg52640 is from 2014 and fixed and CSCul41517 is current (July 2019) and not fixed.

How come?

From the engineering point of view this is clearly a bug. If UCCX negotioates g711alaw, Record should either just work or at least REINVITE for ulaw.

Because of this bug the only workaroung is that every call to UCCX MUST be ulaw.

At least in Europe, where PSTN is alaw this means transcoding for every call to UCCX. Unneccessary. Expensive. Broken.

@Cisco: Fix this bug, please.

Regards,

Michael

I attended a CCX conference at Cisco in Amsterdam a few months ago, There was a session with the product management team who are based in India> They asked about which features were most wanted and almost every person there voted for proper support for alaw.

Cisco know how important this is so they really have no excuse not to fix it (apart from $$$$ from selling PVDMs)

This forum is not monitored by the product teams, you need to submit this via your SE/AM.

Also, your mention for @ Cisco, is really a user who has not posted anything since 2015.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate