Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation Patter Problem on CUCM

Susotelo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have a CUCM model 11.0.1.22900-14. The CUCM has a Translation Patter with this configuration 700.XXXX on Translation Pattern (pictores below), but now I configured another Translation Pattern with this configuration \+52XXXXXXXXXX.XXXX and it doesn't work, I don't know why it's that because when I configured the Translation Pattern like this XXXXXXXXXX.XXXX whitout the '\+' it works perfectly.

Hope you can help me!

Thank you.

13 Replies 13

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Could you test the call using Dial Number Analyzer to see hows the call is routing. 

Also try uncheck the Urgent Priority from TP and see that helps.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

I used DNA see pictures below.

When I unchecked the Urgent Priority from TP it still doesn't works.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What are you dialing? and have you used DNA to confirm you're matching that TP?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I'm dialing a number from my country that we have registered as an international number for external clients some like this: +52 55XXXXXXXX, XXXX.

I used DNA see pictures below.

You can see you're matching the TP you configured and that you end up calling 1804

HTH

java

It matching, but still doesn't works. When I call to a number like that I can hear a message "The dialing number doesn't permit to complete the call..."

Check your CSS in the TP, and then trace the call from the TP to the endpoint to find out what's going on.

HTH

java

I checked my CCS in the TP and I think it's correct but I don't know how to trace the call from the TP to the endpoint, can you help me please?

Trace with DNA

To access DNA, go to Cisco Unified Communications Manager Serviceability and choose Tools > Dial Number Analyzer.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/dna/8_6_1/dnaguide/dnaacc.html

BTW, did you try unchecking the Urgent Priority from the TP config

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Hey Susotelo,

The best option in this case is to download RTMT from the CUCM and use it to pull Call Manager Traces from all active nodes, then analyze them to see where the call is getting cut off or interrupted.

Here are a few documents regarding CUCM traces:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200787-How-to-Collect-Traces-for-CUCM-9-x-10-x.html

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/how-to-read-cucm-traces-a-basic-call-signalling-protocol/ta-p/3143822
"No king rules forever, my son."

I did some tests, this it's the conclusions:
-When I call to a number by my Cisco Jabber and I dialed the number manually the call was successful, some like this +5255XXXXXXXX1551
-When I call using "click to call", the call was unsuccessful, some like this
+52 (55) XXXXXXXX, 1551

So, I concluded that the translation patter it's not correct, but I don't know how can I match the translation patter with this parameters +52 (55) XXXXXXXX, 1551. I hope you can help me

-When I call to a number by my Cisco Jabber and I dialed the number manually the call was successful, some like this +5255XXXXXXXX1551
+52 (55) XXXXXXXX, 1551

So, I concluded that the translation patter it's not correct, but I don't know how can I match the translation patter with this parameters +52 (55) XXXXXXXX, 1551. I hope you can help me

+52 (55) XXXXXXXX, 1551