Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation pattern question

techguy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I want to route my voice traffic in following manner.

if 2900-2999 extension want to call 2222 extension....it should route to 2525 extension. How can i do that

8 Replies 8

Fikri FIRAT
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

In CUCM 8.x, it can be done like this :

Call Routing --> Translation Pattern --> Add New

Associate the partition and CSS that you want to apply the config to,

Translation Pattern : 2222

Prefix Digits (Outgoing Calls) : 2525

Leave all others as default.

If you want this routing to apply to numbers 2900-2999, you chould then create a css applied for these numbers and associate the css with the translation pattern.

its not working in CUCM 7

Can you be more specific? The configuration is the same with CUCM 7, and it is explained quite clearly in CUCM Administration Guide Release 7 which can be found here :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmcfg/701-cmcfg.html

Look for  "Configuring a Translation Pattern"

Regards,

Fikri

2222. 2525 and 29XX all are in different Partition.

Translation Pattern=2222

Route Partition=?

CSS=?

Called Party Transformations

You need to be able to ONLY reach the TP via the CSS from the calling phone, the TP is the one that needs the CSS with the ability to reach whatever destination you're trying to reach. Calling phone cannot reach the transformed DN via their CSS. The TP is going to be the middle man for the call.

You can either look at the links that have been provided or the help -> for this page on CUCM to understand what each field does.

Theory of how this works is what I just explained.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The pattern should be:

Discard digits: PreDot

Prefix outgoing calls: 2525

You can apply it to the appropiate Partition / CSS

Discard digits: is disabled. What will be the Route partition and CSS?

How can it be possible that only 29XX is reachable to 2525 by dialing 2222. thanks alot for your help

In this case I would set up another CSS (which will be set on the lines for the devices 29xx) that contains an additional Partition (perhaps called Reroute_2525) which gets the translation pattern assigned.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: