Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting CUCM call pickup

Brendan Ord
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a customer complaining that group call pickup intermittently fails.  The customer has stated that it's random within two differnet pickup groups, and isn't specific to any particular extension with the groups.

I've confirmed the configuration and it obviously works most of the time.

Where can I start looking to troubleshoot, or at least see why they weren't able to pickup certain calls.  Is this something that will get logged?

I've done some research and couldn't find information about troubleshooting call pickup groups, and in my experience they've always just worked.

Thanks in advance,

Brendan

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For weird and awkward issues like this cucm logs are your friends. You need to let the customer document the time stamp of when the issue happens, and all the call details.. 

Time of call 

Calling number 

Called number 

Pickup group number

Then go have some  fun. :) 

Please rate all useful posts

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Are you ablke to point me to the relevant log files that contain the call pickup actions?

How specific are these logs?  Am I able to see the call pickup code being sent to CUCM?

I'm heading onsite to this installation today to try see the problem in action.

Thanks in advance,

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For weird and awkward issues like this cucm logs are your friends. You need to let the customer document the time stamp of when the issue happens, and all the call details.. 

Time of call 

Calling number 

Called number 

Pickup group number

Then go have some  fun. 

Please rate all useful posts