Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting Voice

techguy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

Can someone tell me the perfect and precise way to troubleshoot the VOICE other than Cico Unified RTMT Tool.

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

How to troubleshoot something depends on what you are trying to troubleshoot. Within the voice areas there are hundreds of protocols and technologies and countless products each with their own methods.

What exactly would you like to troubleshoot?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

ya right. I agree with you. Each protocol have different debug commands. Once debugs are in place then how to collec them in order to troubleshoot properly. Like to veiw logs on router

Well I think you need to be more specific....

For example.. if you do "show ISDN status" and it tells you that layer 1 is down... this would be what you would go about checking first of all in that scenario......

Can you give a more precise example of what you mean though? The ambiguity of the question needs troubleshooting at the moment..

you didnt get my point. After debugging, how to veiw them properly. Sometimes debugging commands come across  screen too much fast that all the debug lines can not be viewed

Use putty to log into the routers (or whatever you want to debug via a cli) and use the logging option to get all in a .txt file.

EDIT: I use putty because I'm used to it, any program you use to SSH or telnet that has an option to log the output will work the same.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Martin Lowes
Level 1
Level 1

You could try using an analyser such as WireShark to capture the traffic and then run the capture through the 3Combo tool.