Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to add user as assistant and receiving this error

In Call Manager I am trying to add a user as a assistant to a manager but when adding the user in the manager configuration screen I receive this error message. I did see a previous post about restarting the IPMA service however that is not an option for us right now. What else can we check to resolve this problem?

"Unmapped Exception Error Updating device and line(s) information. Service Parameters not configured. You must configure Device Configuration Default and Softkey templates service parameters for Cisco IP Manager Assistant service for automatic configuration”

Also this user that I am trying to add as a assistant when I go into the User Manangement Tab and click on "related links", "Manager Configuration" and "Assistant Configuration" is an option when it should only show as "Assistant Configuration" - what could be the problem here?

Any help would be nice. Please advise if any further details need to be provided

Thank you

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

To determine if the issue is with the IPMA service itself without affecting any ongoing operations you can try and create a new Manager Assistant config as a test and see if you are able to create it without any errors. Use the following doc to verify config and troubleshoot

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/ip-manager-assistant-cisco-unified-callmanager-40/200159-Configure-and-Troubleshoot-Cisco-IP-Mana.html

Manish

- Do rate useful posts -