Views
Helpful
Replies

Two directory lines, two lines, one phone

Jaco Jacobs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, 

I am trying to configure two directory lines pointed to two lines on one phone. 

For example 

087098xxx1 - 8002

087098xxx2 - 8050

The 087098xxx2 only works when it has it's own phone. 

But when i configure it on one phone with 8002, it doesn't work. 

What do i need to configure? 

11 Replies 11

You need to provide a bit more information for us to be able to help you. What is it that doesn't work? Do you get any error message or audio notifications?

Response Signature

Jaco Jacobs
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot call the 087098xxx2 number which is linked to 8050 when i add 8050 as a secondary line. 

However, i can call it when it is configured on it's own phone. 

What I understood is you have a 087098xxx2 DID which is translated to 8050. and it works with one phone and if added as second line on another phone no one is able to call 087098xxx2.

what if u call 8050 Di?

Response Signature

HI Nithin, 

It also doesn't work when I call the 8050 Di when it's added onto line 2. 

But when configured on it's own on one phone, it works. 

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the exact call flow for the call?

What error do you get? "your call cannot be completed as dialed..."?? busy tone?? what?

What troubleshooting have you done?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jamie, 

I get a "your call cannot be completed as dialled"

I call the 087098xxx2, this is the ddi for 8050. 

When 8050 is on it's own phone, it works fine. 

But when it's added as line 2 on another phone, it gives me the "your call cannot be completed as dialled"

"Your call cannot be completed as dialed" denotes the your CM does not know how to handle the call ie, there is no route-pattern for this case. Can you try DNA (Dialed Number Analyzer) by http://CUCMIPAddress/dna   ?

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Based on the information provided this sounds odd, however most of the times it's something simple that is overlooked. Please do a DNA to see what the CM call routing logic "sees" as different for the two case you have. Do one first with the working scenario and then another one with the non working and compare the output for both.

Response Signature

when you configure the DN 8050 on it's own phone, what's the partition. is it none or internal  ?

Response Signature

That's NOT a call flow, only YOU understand how those numbers are working together because it's YOUR system.

Provide something like this:

From PSTN I dial XXXX, or internally I dial XXXX

If there are translation rules or translation patterns, explains those as well and how/where they are configured.

PSTN - Voice GW with x protocol -> CUCM -> DN YYYY

As already mentioned, that message is call routing, but you need to provide a proper call flow and the related config to get assistance.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Are you using the same Partition in each case?