Views
Helpful
Replies

Two stage dialing using FXO card

NomanPalijo
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Can you please suggest me what to do to acheive the below setup using Cisco router.

My main objective is to be able to achieve two-stage dialing i.e. dialing  into the route using the POTs/PSTN line which would be attached to it, entering  the desired telephone number using DTMF, and then having the call sent  to our Class 4 softswitch using SIP, for onward termination.

I have been suggested to use either of the below modular access routers with VIC2- 2FXO Card.

• Cisco 2611
  • Cisco 2621xm
  • Cisco 2651xm

Do you think this setup will work. Will I be able to dial into the router by using the PSTN Line attached to it and then after a announcement/beep or any other indication dial the 2nd number which is our desired number and then that number gets routed to our class 4 switch.

Can anyone explain how this setup will actually work?

Regards

Noman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The default on either ISDN/E1/T1 line and fxo lines is to have two stage dialling. If thats what you want all you need to do is to configure dial-peers on your router to route the call to the destination you have inputed when you dial in.

Please bear in mind that two stage dialling is not a very safe option. It opens you up to a lot of fraud! If people find your number they can initiate calls and make outbound call to any destination your dial-peers allow.

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The default on either ISDN/E1/T1 line and fxo lines is to have two stage dialling. If thats what you want all you need to do is to configure dial-peers on your router to route the call to the destination you have inputed when you dial in.

Please bear in mind that two stage dialling is not a very safe option. It opens you up to a lot of fraud! If people find your number they can initiate calls and make outbound call to any destination your dial-peers allow.

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dear Aokanlawon,

Thank you for your response. But I am still a bit confused. Can you explain me what is user observation, I will call into the ISDN number attached to router, what will happen next? I will not have the router with me, it will be placed far away from me at a remote location at any data centre. I will call into it and configure the router to route the call to my Class 4 switch. From there I will route it anywhere I want.

Does anyone has idea how does the CAMA Centralized Automatic Message Accounting works in VIC2-2FXO Card.

Also is Cisco 2600 XM router a good option to acheive the above two stage dialing.

Regards

Noman

Ejiroro oki
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Noman Palijo,

Please I have a cisco vic2-2fxo card I want to test,I want to be able to dial into the card.I have a telephone line connected to it or how can I test the card only to be sure it is working.I also have an fxs with me but want to test the fxo

I have the following

1.2821 ROUTER

1.PVDM2-16

1.VIC2-2FXO

IOS IS    c2800-adventerprisek9-mz.123.11.T11.bin

Thanks.

Ejiroro oki