cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two voice mailboxes on a phone

joulianwilmer
Level 1
Level 1

We have an office manager who has her vmail box on her phone and she wants to add another extension to the phone that is the absentee hotline that has a vmail box as well.  She would like to see a notification on the phone if either box has a message.

Right now the absentee mailbox is setup as an alternate extension to her main number in unity and it seems that they are putting all the voicemails in one box.

How do I go about separating the 2 vmail boxes??

Thanks in advance I am still a CM rookie      

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Remove it as alternate extension from her mailbox.

Configure a separate DN on the absentee line and a matching mailbox using the same DN. Set CFNA/CFB/CFA to VM

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Agree with Java. You can configure the second line as absentee hotline and have a separate Voicemail for the absentee hotline.

About the second part:

She would like to see a notification on the phone if either box has a message.

By default for second line - If she receives a Voicemail on second line, she will notice a small envelope next to her second line but MWI will not be lit.

If you want to enable visual MWI indicator for the second line you will need to enable it. On the second line, under the line setting - change the "Visual Message Waiting Indicator Policy" from default to "Light and Prompt". This will change the default behavior. When she will receive a voicemail on second line as well in addition to the enevelpe the MWI light will also be lit. Both lines will have MWI light whenever there is voicemail and a small enevolpe next to the line - identifying which line has a voice mail.

Terry

Terry

There is a new twist.  The user would like it sent to her email also.

I went into the account and entered and entered her email address and it told me that it was already in use on her primary line. 

I asked our Exchange admin to create a secondary email address for the user.  I am able to sent the secondary email address an email from Outlook but Unity will not send to this address.

One of the techs here is saying you can't use a secondary email address.

Any thoughts or suggestions??

Thanks again

Jaime

There is a new twist.  The user would like it sent to her email also.

I went into the account and entered and entered her email address and it told me that it was already in use on her primary line. 

I asked our Exchange admin to create a secondary email address for the user.  I am able to sent the secondary email address an email from Outlook but Unity will not send to this address.

One of the techs here is saying you can't use a secondary email address.

Any thoughts or suggestions??

Thanks again