cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC 8.x compatibility matrix - recommended minimum IOS version?

Michael Lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

In earlier versions of CUCM 6/7 under the compatibility matrix, there was recommended IOS versions for use on the voice-gateways for CUCM 6 and or CUCM 7. I had this link bookmarked.

Now working on a project that's using CUCM 8.5 but my link to the CCO document seems longer valid

My big question is, has the recommended voice gateway IOS been removed all together?

Can the customer run any old IOS they feel or is there a new link that I haven't had the search skills to find

If anyone has a link to the recommended IOS for CUCM 8.5 - and is willing to share, i'd be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Mike.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

For CUCM 8.0 , i have a acutomer who is running 12.4 and it working perfectly (under MGCP)

for CUCM 8.5 , cisco recommends to use 15.X IOS but there is nothing said anywhere that the 12.4 is not supported , it is supported but from cisco's side it is recommeneded to use the 15.X

I asked around about this because i have a customer who wants to upgrade to 8.5 but they don't want to replace the branches routers since they are not suppored for IOS 15.X

I tried it in my lab and it's working fine , we asked cisco they even said that you can open a TAC , but one problem, if the case arrived to the BU they are not going to issue a new BUG or a service release , they are going to tell you to upgrade to 15.X

Amer

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hello,

For CUCM 8.0 , i have a acutomer who is running 12.4 and it working perfectly (under MGCP)

for CUCM 8.5 , cisco recommends to use 15.X IOS but there is nothing said anywhere that the 12.4 is not supported , it is supported but from cisco's side it is recommeneded to use the 15.X

I asked around about this because i have a customer who wants to upgrade to 8.5 but they don't want to replace the branches routers since they are not suppored for IOS 15.X

I tried it in my lab and it's working fine , we asked cisco they even said that you can open a TAC , but one problem, if the case arrived to the BU they are not going to issue a new BUG or a service release , they are going to tell you to upgrade to 15.X

Amer

Ah,

I forgot to add also one problem.

If your system contains new phones , and the IOS is not upgraded to 15.X SRST , those will not work.

So it's basicly that the new features on the SRST 8.0 will not be available .

Amer

Thanks Amer,

That' a very good point about the phone support.

I can understand the customers concerns about the cost to upgrade gateways.

Was there a specific version you selected, of 12.4, was it T train or special feature?

Regards,

Mike.

Hello,

It depends on the router feature set that you want to use.

In my case , the customer has the SRST gateway is dedicated for SRST , in some other desigs , youmay find on the branches that the router is used as WAN and Voice and even security.

For the voice , i always use the 12.4(24)T3,4,5

Hope that was helpful.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Amer

Michael Lee
Level 1
Level 1

I found the link, for everyone's reference it's http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/vtgsca/VTGServlet