Views
Helpful
Replies

UC system to UC system VoIP calling?

enachbahr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all

Is there a way to setup Cisco to Cisco VoIP calling on separate organizations UC systems? I heard that the product that Cisco had to facilitate this in the past was pulled. Thanks
Erik

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Erik,

Are you referring to Cisco IME (Intercompany media engine)?  If so, I have not heard of it being pulled and to my knowledge is available.

HTH,

Chris

Cisco IME is end-of-life. It was announced earlier this year.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Ps found this EOL notice. Is there a replacement product?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps10669/end_of_life_notice_c51-706734.html

The closest replacement is VCS-X.

(But if you're looking to establish connections between a small number of CUCM clusters, then why not look at things like SIP/Inter-cluster trunks, IP VPNs, etc ?)

GTG

Interesting, must have missed that, though did not see it going far anyway :-(

The announcement states this is EOL of IME easy order bundle, but since there is no replacement I am assuming the whole solution is gone. 

Chris

I've done a fair amount of work with IME, and the product is dead. Don't think of doing any new installations and shut down any existing installations (Assuming there were some...)

GTG

Good to know Gordon (+5), I am glad I have not been pitching it in to my customers :-)

Chris

All of this feedback is much appreciated! We just want our larger clients to be able to reach out call center via VoIP rather than PSTN. We have Vpns to them. So is inter cluster trunks the route to investigate then?

enachbahr
Level 1
Level 1

Chris

Thank you yes that's exactly it I just didn't know what it was called. I wonder if our tech folks are blowing smoke.
Does the product work we'll in you opinion?
Thanks for the reply!

Erik