cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7.0 Licensing Problem

paul.allan1969
Level 1
Level 1

We are running UCCX 7.0, which is of course EOS and EOL. The problem we have is that about 4 years ago we purchased additional seats for the contact center, but they were version 8, and were of no use to us. For the past 3 years Cisco have been issuing us with temp licenses to help us out, but they are now saying we cannot get any more temp licenses. This leaves us in a difficult position, as we are short on licenses now the temp license has expired. We will be replacing the contact centre in the coming months, however that will be a tender exercise. Does anyone have any advice of know if there is any way Cisco would help us out again. They told our Cisco partner that they cannot issue temp licenses for any versions older that 8.x, but I assume it is that they dont want to rather than they cant.

Given that we have been a Cisco customer of the past 8 years, I would have hoped they would help us out here!

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

Paul.

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

You can engage your local Cisco SE / Account Team to see if they can help with this.

Manish

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Paul this is something you should be taking with your Cisco Accounts Manager as I really don't think the kind of problem you are in someone will be able to help here on the forum. Secondly when you purchased the licenses incorrectly for v8 4 years back you should have sorted this out back then. I can understand there might be reasons for which you were not able to get v7 licenses at that time and we did help you by issuing the temp licenses all this long. Despite of the fact that v7 had been EOL/EOS a long time back probably 4-5 years ago even then we were providing you the temp licenses to get you going so the below statement is a bit harsh to be honest:

They told our Cisco partner that they cannot issue temp licenses for any versions older that 8.x, but I assume it is that they dont want to rather than they cant.

That being said, you should not waste any more time on this and plan to upgrade your UCCX to one of the latest versions. As a last resort you can try to contact your CAM and see if he/she can be of any help here. Just as a side note, to work with the amount of legitimate licenses you have you can probably set up a Hunt Pilot on CM and assign extra/unlicensed agents to that pool and keep the work going like that in meantime. There will not be any IVR entertainment or intelligent routing as you get with CCX but atleast you will have something to manage for the extra callers calling into your company and let them be handled by those pool of unlicensed agents part of the Line Group belonging to the Hunt Pilot. For some advancement to this, you can route the call first to CUC get the prompts played, give callers option of pressing DTMF etc which is slightly better than getting the calls directly handled by the Hunt Pilot and then bring the call back to CM Hunt Pilot which will further be routed to the unlicensed agents.

Regards

Deepak

Inderpal Oberoi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

The best thing you can do in this scenario it first migrate your UCCX to the latest release 11.x .

You can ask Cisco Accounts Team to raise an exception here, since you have already paid for uccx 8.x seat license. They might help you to get additional seat license PAK key for the new release 11.x instead of upgrade license PAK from 8.x to 11.x .This might keep you  previous investment intact, as you pay for upgrade license from 8.x to 11.x which is quite less compare to additional seat license which is very expensive.

Cisco Accounts Team might help you to get you an additional seat license key instead of upgrade license key in a license swap deal from the licensing team.

Regards

Inderpsi