Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX and SRST

Scott Hanson
Level 3
Level 3

All,

Centralized CM and UCCX.  Remote site has SRST.  All DNs work fine in SRST mode except for the UCCX numbers.  Since WAN connectivity is lost these calls are failing.  I am not having any luck with the alias cm-fallback command.  I am pretty sure putting the extensionon a phone AND still having it in UCCX will cause a conflict.  Any tips on how to handle this is appreciated.

All replies rated.

9 Replies 9

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Scott,

The UCCX and CCM integrates with AXL and CTI Route Points and the CTI RPs register to the CCM.

When the WAN link fails, the CTI-RP does get unregistered (I presume) hence the calls to CCX fails.

More over if you could post the topology, it will be more easier to answer the query.

HTH

Wilson samuel

Thanks.  I don't have a Visio at the moment, but it is a hub and spoke design with CM and UCCX at the central site and remote sites connected by an MPLS.  The PRI is local to the remote site The CTI-RP does not unregister.  What happens is that the call comes into the PRI which normally sends it over the WAN to UCCX.  UCCX then sends the call to several phones at the same time at the remote site.  When the WAN is down the voice gateway cannot send the calls over the WAN to UCCX and the call fails

Hi Scott

You just need to configured SRST to translate the inbound DDIs to hunt groups, or to alias them to specific handsets that will be registered on site when SRST is active... 

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hey Aaron,

Alias was the first thing I tried, but I can't seem to get it to work

Thanks for the clarification Scott.

Just wondering, what is the final outcome that you would prefer to happen when the VG is in SRST Mode.

1. All calls that come to the Remote Site (via PRI for the CCX) to be directed towards a bunch phones?

2. All calls that come to the Remote Site (via PRI for the CCX) to be directed back to the PSTN for the HQ?

Regards

Hello Wilson,

Option 1 is the preferred outcome

Thanks Scott,

Could you please post the SRST Config?

Regards

call-manager-fallback
secondary-dialtone 9
max-conferences 8 gain -6
transfer-system full-consult
limit-dn 7960 4
ip source-address 10.122.72 port 2000
max-ephones 50
max-dn 100 dual-line
system message primary System Fallback
system message secondary System Fallback
voicemail 5400
call-forward busy 5400
call-forward noan 5400 timeout 10
moh "Nothing_Silence.au"

Hi Scott.

What I guess is that you have the UCCX DDIs routed to remote site form TSP and, once the WAN goes down, they are obviously unreachable.

What I can suggest you is to create a backup using BACD feature on remote gateway so that you can still receive calls on those DDIs with a limited service.

Here is a reference doc.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/bacd/configuration/guide/cme40tcl.pdf

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"