cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM 8851 w/FW sip88xx.11-7-1-17 phone wallpaper images are washed out/white

frank1711
Level 4
Level 4

We are running CUCM 10.5.2.13900-12 with 7970, 7975 & 8851 phones.

We recently updated the 8851 firmware to sip88xx.11-7-1-17. This problem did not exist on the previous firmware sip88xx.10-3-1-20.

All the wallpaper image files & thumbnails are working perfectly for all models. We have the same images for all phone types so I have 3 different folders with 3 different images & thumbnails on UCM. I can set any of the images I've uploaded on all phone models.

The problem is that some of the images are washed out on 8851 phones, not all, just some. The images are fine when checked on a PC & they are fine on 797X phones (albeit of lesser quality due the phone's capability).

This is strictly a 8851 issue. All images are the correct 800x480, the thumbnails were created from the original 800x480 image. When reviewing the thumbnails to choose a wallpaper image they DO NOT appeared washed out, only when the image is Set or Previewed.

When the image is Set or Previewed it always looks like it does when you select the Applications button & the image is "underneath" my application choices.

Since the images were fine on the old FW I suspect this is a FW issue.

I am open to any suggestions. Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Sounds like one of the bellow 2 bugs try workaround for both see whcih one works

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvd59964/?reffering_site=dumpcr

current level of transparency create poor legibility in menu and grid layouts
CSCvd59964
Description
Symptom:
disable transparency on settings and other screens

Conditions:
Phone Build: 11.7.1.17

Workaround:
na

Further Problem Description:
OR
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvd82042/?reffering_site=dumpcr
88xx phone background contrast to light
CSCvd82042
Description
Symptom:
background image becomes bleached out. when changing settings the image may appear to darken for a second before going back to a lightened version of the image.

Conditions:
88xx phone
Firmware 11.7.1-17 or 11.7.1es1

Back ground images are affected and appear to be to light on the screen.

enhanced line mode or session line mode. Appears it may happen on one mode but not the other. some users may see this happen on the session line mode while others see this issue when using the enhanced line mode.

Workaround:
1. change the Line mode under the phone to either session line mode or enhanced to see if that resolved the issue.

2. downgrade to an older firmware. This may not be an option if one is trying to get around a defect in an older release.

3. use first default image if it does not display the issue.
(Rate if it helps)
JB

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Sounds like one of the bellow 2 bugs try workaround for both see whcih one works

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvd59964/?reffering_site=dumpcr

current level of transparency create poor legibility in menu and grid layouts
CSCvd59964
Description
Symptom:
disable transparency on settings and other screens

Conditions:
Phone Build: 11.7.1.17

Workaround:
na

Further Problem Description:
OR
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvd82042/?reffering_site=dumpcr
88xx phone background contrast to light
CSCvd82042
Description
Symptom:
background image becomes bleached out. when changing settings the image may appear to darken for a second before going back to a lightened version of the image.

Conditions:
88xx phone
Firmware 11.7.1-17 or 11.7.1es1

Back ground images are affected and appear to be to light on the screen.

enhanced line mode or session line mode. Appears it may happen on one mode but not the other. some users may see this happen on the session line mode while others see this issue when using the enhanced line mode.

Workaround:
1. change the Line mode under the phone to either session line mode or enhanced to see if that resolved the issue.

2. downgrade to an older firmware. This may not be an option if one is trying to get around a defect in an older release.

3. use first default image if it does not display the issue.
(Rate if it helps)
JB

Hi,

did the BUG helps?

JB

JB,

You're on the right track. In my case it is the second bug you mentioned. (https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCvd82042)

With the exception of about 6 phones all my phones are in enhanced line key mode. If I change a phone that is having the issue to session key mode the images appear correctly. When I change the phone back to enhanced line key mode the image "bleaches out" again. Given our environment the enhanced line key mode & vulnerability mediation take priority so it looks like it is something we will have to live with. That being said I still can't figure out why some background images are "bleached-out" and others are not. I'm going to continue to investigate but still am looking for the community's feedback & suggestions.

Frank,

Just wanted to let you know, it looks like a new firmware was published yesterday. (8-31-17) I came across this post while researching the same issue. I first reverted to firmware 11.5 to verify that the problem is new to version 11.7, and that resolved it for me initially. The problem seems to return for me in firmware 12.0.1.8 though.

Guess I'm reverting to 11.5.

Is there a way to change the color settings? For instance, on an inbound call, the alert is highlighted in orange.  Is that configurable?  Same thing with the white highlights.  Is that configurable?