Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C220 M3 Performance Issues

iwearing
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed Cisco Version of ESXI 5.0 on a C220 M3 to support a new UC cluster. (Ver ESXi-5.0.0-469512-custom-Cisco-2.0.1d)

A VM installed with UCMVer 8.6. However I experience performance issues with icmp echo requests to either the ESXI management IP or the IP address of the UC Publisher.

I have disabled LRO, tried auto negotiation of the vNICs and switch. Also tried fixing speed and duplex on vNICs and switch which made no difference.

ICMP reponse times average about 400ms to both ESXI and VMs.

All 8 drived are configured as RAID 5 to support ESXI and VMs.

Any suggestions why there are performance issues would be appreciated.

thanks

Ian.

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ian

Presumably you have applied the latest host update CD?

Have you tried disconnecting all network connections but one from the server, and directly connecting your laptop to it to see if the ping response is any different? This would rule out any NIC/load balancing misconfig.

And auto neg is the way to go in that test scenario, and in 99% of real scenarios.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

Thanks for the feedback.

I have applied the latest version of HUU (ucs-c220-huu-1.4.7a.1).

I will try a back - back with my laptop first thing tomorrow.

thanks

Ian.

Aaron,

Can you confirm whether LRO should be disabled with ESXI 5?

thanks

ian.

Yes you should disable LRO:

From Cisco doc: http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Implementing_Virtualization_Deployments

Note: If you are running ESXi 4.1 or Later, you must Disable LRO

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Disable_LRO

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: