Views
Helpful
Replies

Ucss and esw question help me !!!

yun zhang
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

our customer would like to upgrade their callmanager and unity connection from old version(7.1.(3)) to to new version (8.5) but I don't know how do Iupgrade migration license from dlu to user connection license or workspaces license ? and our customer haven't bought ucss and esw service with dlu license mode at first time. Can anyone help me provide some suggestion or useful documents for that   Thanks

Harvey

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Here is the ordering guide for the cisco unity connection , it includes upgrade using ucss and non-ucss and it can show you how to order the ucss , page 21 :

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/sell/technology/storage/unifiedcomm/ucs2_og.pdf

Hope this answers your question.

Amer

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hello,

if the customer don't have UCSS , then you have to buy the upgrade , use this part number :

CUCM-USR-LIC , this is the top level part number for the CUCM 8.X , so when you start configuring it on DCT , there is a part number for migration , it will cost you only 3 USD per user if you choose to buy 3 years UCSS , just ask the customer or if you can check it by your self how many ip phones are connected to the cluster , use this number for the migration part number then at the end of the DCT , choose the server type (in your case you want to upgrade to 8.5) so choose the quantity to 6 (the server license is now free so order the maximum in case in the future you wanted to add a new server there is no need to buy license , only the hardware) , when you finish , click on check configuration and then choose the esw support , however i always prefer to choose SESW (you can have better discount in this case).

If you still need any help let me know , hope this is clear.

Amer

Dear Amer

You just answer me how do i choose ucss and esw for callmanager , But i

don't know how do i choose uscc and esw for unity connection ? our customer

need to upgrade callmanager and unity connection in the same time.

we hope the callmanger and unity connection still using dlu license.

thx

harvey

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 4:37 PM, amer_alshaer <

Hello,

Here is the ordering guide for the cisco unity connection , it includes upgrade using ucss and non-ucss and it can show you how to order the ucss , page 21 :

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/sell/technology/storage/unifiedcomm/ucs2_og.pdf

Hope this answers your question.

Amer

Dear Amer

Thanks for your useful suggestion and document and I choose license of cucm and unity connection ,would you help me check the follow license options ?

Our customer has two callmanager and one unity connection need to upgrade from 7.1.3 to 8.5  and does the following option can meet to customer requirements and we must consider customer has bought dlu and node license from all devices already?

This option for callmanager upgrade from 7.1.3 to 8.5

CUCM-USR-LIC

MIG-CUCM-ESS-USR-A

UCSS-UCM-ESS-3-1-A

UCM-7825-85

Included:CUCM-PAK

lnclude:UCM-7825-85-UKIT

lnclude:UCM-7825-UPG-NODE

lnclude:UCSS-UCM-ESS-PAK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This option for unity connection upgrade from 7.1.3 to 8.5

UNITYCN8-VUP-K9

UNCN8-VUP-USR-WU

UCSS-MSG-3-1

UNITYCN8-HA-UPG

lncluded:UCSS-MSG-PAK

lncluded:UNITYCN8-HA-PAK

Hello,

Yes , it is correct , however you said that you have one unity connection server , you are adding unity HA to your BOQ ???

Other than that it is correct , just don't forget to put the quantity for UCM-7825-85 to 6 , it is free

Amer

Dear Amer

thanks for your help and I have a question , If customer need buying another unity connection  for cluster of unity connection but i haven't choose the unity HA option at that time , how do i do ?\

Unity HA

this option will effect cluster for unity connection ? this option is free now ? or if we don't  choose whether such as license can reapplication from cisco ?

THX

harvey

Hello,

Is it for free , i didn't check that out , if it is free then there is no harm to buy it , i guess it is exactly like the CUCM , now you can put the quantity of the servers to the max for free so i gues you could do that, when your customer needs to add a HA , all what he have to do is to buy the physical server.

Amer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: