cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to add or delete phone

cteyul100
Level 1
Level 1

hi all i am having some problems with our CUCM i am unable to add/register a new phone or delete any old ones. I am getting this error "Update failed. System or internal error java.io.IOException " if i go to a device that is registered already and I change the mac address of  the device to the one i am tryin gto register the phone registers right away but i am unable to just go to add new i get the error above. i am not too good with CUCM but i get around as i have never gotten any training on any cisco voice solutions. so in short i can update existing devices but unable to add a new device. i have checked and auto registration is not enabled. so please if any one has seen this problem and can help will be greatly appreciated.

CUCM version 6.0 ( i know it is end of life so i an't even get support from cisco but we are in the process of getting an upgrade soon)

thanks

5 Replies 5

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

If you have more than one server in the cluster, I'd start by checking the status of the database. Either use RTMT to check database replication or get onto the command line of the server (either via the console or by SSH) and issue the command: "utils dbreplication runtimestate" All servers should show state "2". If any server is showing something other than "2" you've got a database problem.

If you only have one server in your cluster, reboot it.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

It is a 2 node cluster publisher and subscriber. I have checked the d status and I get 2 on both also I donot have the runtimestate option from the CLI

this are the only options I have

utils dbreplication
      utils dbreplication status
      utils dbreplication repair
      utils dbreplication setrepltimeout
      utils dbreplication stop
      utils dbreplication clusterreset
      utils dbreplication dropadmindb
      utils dbreplication reset

Sorry, the command changed in a later version of CUCM. utils dbreplication status is the old name. If you've got state 2 on both servers, then the database is fine.

On the pub, again from the CLI, try "utils service restart Cisco Tomcat" NOTE: This command is CaSe SeNsItIvE. Give it 5-10 minutes, then try the extension add again.

Restarting Tomcat shouldn't affect call processing, but ccmadmin, cmuser, RTMT, Extension Mobility Logins/Logouts (and probably some other features I've missed) will be affected.

GTG

I restarted Tom cat also I have restarted both server but I'm still getting the same error

"Update failed. System or internal error java.io.IOException"

I'm out of ideas. I've checked BugTrack and I can't see anything exactly the same as you're describing. The closest I found was BugID CSCsk66376: "got error when add/udpate device mobility through admin or axl" This bug was fixed in 6.1.1

Sorry :-(

GTG