Helpful
Replies

Unable to change the names on IP phone

Amit Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I need your urgent help.

We have Cisco IP 7942 phones configured in CUCM 7.1.5. The phones are showing registered in the call manager. I want to modify the names on the phoe display, so I changed the display name of the phones in the call manager. But the phone still showing the name of the old user and not the new user. But in the call manager I can see the name of the new user and also the phone is registered. I tried factory reset but it didn't help. Also one phone is showing Registration rejected: Error DBCo.. the phone is not registered in the call manager. Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Amit

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What name are you referring to? Display name field is used as calling name when user calls from this phone and it is what is displayed on calling phone once this phone answers the call.

You also have alerting name which is what is displayed on calling phone while this phone is ringing.

If you are referring to display name on the phone's LCD that is driven by line text label field.

The registration rejected error you listed means that the phone is not configured within CUCM (no matching MAC address) and auto registration is OFF.

HTH,

Chris

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Firstly check the MAC address of the phone that displays the DB config error and search for this device is CUCM as this error normally suggests that the phone is not configured. The issue with the display name not reflecting on the phone would me that a soft restart has not occurred for this device. Have you tried resetting it since the update?

Can you verify the DB replication status of the cluster to confirm that it is in good shape so we can eliminate it as possibility for your config issues.

Regards
Allan.

Please rate helpful posts. Thank you.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Also have the same problem,

came to the Cisco Unity express and made the changes of the display name but didnt reflect the changes on the phone.

Under  Users-> Profile-> the user ID seems not editable but the Names ,display name  are editable

any ideas?

That has nothing to do with CUE, you configure that in CME or CUCM, which one do you have..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime

According to the Cisco Support , CUE is where I can set up all/change settings on our Cisco Phones.

they didnt mention any CME or CUCM , is there any link log in access for those?

credentials will be the same?

No, that's wrong.

If you're an end user I recommend you to engage your local IT team so they can assist you with this.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java