cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to delete a Device Pool

Kamil G
Level 1
Level 1

I'm inable to delete a "Device Pool" (CUCM 6.1.3.2000-1).  I get a message that there is a pkid in use somewhere and it can't be deleted.

"Error occurred. One or more record did not get deleted. The pkid column in the devicepool table in the database is being referenced from another table. Please check the dependency records and remove the reference and the try the delete again."

Any ideas???

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

First go into Enterprise Parameters under the System menu, and enable 'Dependency Records'.

Then go back to the device pool, and on the 'related links' drop down do a dependency search. This will list all the things that reference that device pool; once they are all put in a different DP or deleted, you can delete the device pool.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

Yep, no problem.

Only thing to be aware of is that dependency record searches can use up some process time; that's why they default to disabled.

If you have followed best practice and have your publisher not running any phones normally (i.e. they're all registered to the subscriber) then you'll have no problems at all. I always have it enabled...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts and mark answered questions that you've got a satisfactory response from to help identify useful content in the forums...
https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6212

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

First go into Enterprise Parameters under the System menu, and enable 'Dependency Records'.

Then go back to the device pool, and on the 'related links' drop down do a dependency search. This will list all the things that reference that device pool; once they are all put in a different DP or deleted, you can delete the device pool.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Cool.... thanks.... can we enable "Dependancy Records" during working hours

Yep, no problem.

Only thing to be aware of is that dependency record searches can use up some process time; that's why they default to disabled.

If you have followed best practice and have your publisher not running any phones normally (i.e. they're all registered to the subscriber) then you'll have no problems at all. I always have it enabled...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts and mark answered questions that you've got a satisfactory response from to help identify useful content in the forums...
https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6212

Thank you.... I found some "Phone Templates" were still using the device pool.... I delted these templates... then I deleted the device pool.  It worked... thanks again.