cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to dial *xx numbers from analogue extn on vg224

MINNSD
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with translation pattern * 01 configured on cucm 7, when dialed it tramslates to a full ddi number and routes ok but only with ip phones. The analogue phones on the voice ports cannot dial *01 even though the line and device CSS is exactly the same.

Am I missing a command that will enable the analogue phones (all of them) to pass through the asterisk *  to the cucm   ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

I believe *X, *XX etc. are feature codes for speed dials and other complementary features on the VG224/248. What exactly do you hear when you dial *01 from the analog phone connected to the VG? Try configuring a different pattern such as 01 instead of *01 on the CUCM and test whether this works for you.

Hope that helps

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Pl rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

I believe *X, *XX etc. are feature codes for speed dials and other complementary features on the VG224/248. What exactly do you hear when you dial *01 from the analog phone connected to the VG? Try configuring a different pattern such as 01 instead of *01 on the CUCM and test whether this works for you.

Hope that helps

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Pl rate helpful posts

Thks for your suggestion, as it happens I missed a speed dial config in the vg224

stcapp feature speed dial

prefix *

This overrode the translation pattern in the cucm.

The resolution was to change the prefix to #