Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to install patch during CUCM 10.5 Build

johnsnave1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I received the following screen message when trying to install CUCM 10.5 with a patch to 10.5.2.13900-12

"Unable to install patch(s) from host , user , directory"

I was attempting to introduce a new subscriber to an existing 10.5 su3 cluster. This cluster had originally been build as 10.5 su1 and then upgraded to su3. I had the the bootable su1 media and the su3 upgrade. I elected to install a patch during the installation.

I uploaded the SU3 upgrade file to the datastore and mapped to this. I received a screen message to the effect that the patch had been found and verified, then a wait for about 5 minutes and then the message "Unable to install patch(s) from host , user , directory"

The customer has the necessary software support.

Any ideas?

Many thanks, John.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

I'm pretty sure you are hitting this bug;

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCup36072

CUCM 10.5 cannot be installed using upgrade patch method
CSCup36072
Symptom:
When doing a fresh install of a Call Manager node, there is an option to use an upgrade patch option.

For CUCM 10.5, this approach cannot be used. Not even by using the bootable image for 10.0 and upgrade file for 10.5

Conditions:
Installing CUCM 10.5 with bootable image of a lower version and upgrade file of CUCM 10.5

Workaround:
None -> Use Bootable image for CUCM 10.5 itself

View solution in original post

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

+5 to Rob. My recommendation would be to contact TAC and ask for bootable media, or request an upgrade through PUT to version 10.5, which provides link to bootable versions, and hopefully shipping version is SU3.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

I'm pretty sure you are hitting this bug;

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCup36072

CUCM 10.5 cannot be installed using upgrade patch method
CSCup36072
Symptom:
When doing a fresh install of a Call Manager node, there is an option to use an upgrade patch option.

For CUCM 10.5, this approach cannot be used. Not even by using the bootable image for 10.0 and upgrade file for 10.5

Conditions:
Installing CUCM 10.5 with bootable image of a lower version and upgrade file of CUCM 10.5

Workaround:
None -> Use Bootable image for CUCM 10.5 itself

Many tanks Rob! I really appreciate your help. You are a diamond.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

+5 to Rob. My recommendation would be to contact TAC and ask for bootable media, or request an upgrade through PUT to version 10.5, which provides link to bootable versions, and hopefully shipping version is SU3.

Many thanks Chris! Very grateful for your reply and I will follow your advice.

Cheers.