cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UNABLE TO ISSUE THE NO-REG COMMAND UNDER EPHONE-DN CONFIGURATION TO STOP PHONES FROM SENDING "REGISTER" REQUESTS TO ITSP

Jesutofunmi O
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys, 

So I have a CME and the configuration I have for CME to phone registration is the below:

ephone-dn 1 dual-line
number 1001
label John Smith
description John Smith
name John Smith

ephone 1
mac-address 1CAA.xxxx.xxxx
ephone-template 1
type 7945
button 1:1

I am trying to eliminate the above config and then use the below so as to allow me use the "No-reg" command so that my phones will stop attempting registration with my ITSP 

voice register dn 1
number 1008
name John Smith
label John Smith

no-reg

voice register pool 1
id mac 1CAA.xxxx.xxxx
type 7945
number 1 dn 1

With the voice register pool and voice register dn commands, my phone does NOT register with the CME.

PLEASE HELP!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The reason for trying to use another method to register phones in the first place is because I needed the "no-reg" command to stop my phones from sending "REGISTER" requests to my ITSP.

This solved it for me;

Under telephony-service, the same line with max-dn, issue the "no-reg" command. Secondly, go to ephone-dn and also issue the "no-reg" command after "number xxxx no-reg". Example below;

telephony-service

max-dn 14 no-reg 

ephone-dn 1 dual-line
number 1001 no-reg 
label John Smith
description John Smith
name John Smith

I hope other people who come here find this helpful!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jesutofunmi O
Level 1
Level 1

This is debug tftp results after I disconnected the phone and plugged it back;

Jun 22 14:07:57.634: TFTP: Looking for CTLSEP1CAAxxxxxxxx.tlv
Jun 22 14:07:57.714: TFTP: Looking for ITLSEP1CAAxxxxxxxx.tlv
Jun 22 14:07:57.818: TFTP: Looking for ITLFile.tlv
Jun 22 14:07:58.046: TFTP: Looking for SEP1CAAxxxxxxxx.cnf.xml
Jun 22 14:07:58.198: TFTP: Looking for XMLDefault.cnf.xml
Jun 22 14:07:58.198: TFTP: Opened flash:/its/vrf1/XMLDefault.cnf.xml, fd 14, size 3465 for process 168
Jun 22 14:07:58.206: TFTP: Finished flash:/its/vrf1/XMLDefault.cnf.xml, time 00:00:00 for process 168
Jun 22 14:08:01.482: %IPPHONE-6-UNREGISTER_ABNORMAL: ephone-19:SEP1CAAxxxxxxxx IP:172.16.121.31 Socket:19 DeviceType:Phone has unregistered abnormally.
Jun 22 14:08:01.482: %IPPHONE-6-REGISTER_NEW: ephone-19:SEP1CAAxxxxxxxx IP:172.16.121.31 Socket:25 DeviceType:Phone has registered.

Can you post full configuration of your CME Router?
Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

The reason for trying to use another method to register phones in the first place is because I needed the "no-reg" command to stop my phones from sending "REGISTER" requests to my ITSP.

This solved it for me;

Under telephony-service, the same line with max-dn, issue the "no-reg" command. Secondly, go to ephone-dn and also issue the "no-reg" command after "number xxxx no-reg". Example below;

telephony-service

max-dn 14 no-reg 

ephone-dn 1 dual-line
number 1001 no-reg 
label John Smith
description John Smith
name John Smith

I hope other people who come here find this helpful!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: