cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to receive incoming calls from external number.

rona.venida
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an issue regarding unable to receive any incoming calls from any external numbers. The caller hears "This number cannot receive incoming calls. This is a recording." However, any internal (incoming) calls work fine.

This is my first time encountering this kind of problem. As per checking, the directory number configuration is correct.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

3 Replies 3

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Multiple possible causes here:

1.  If callers can call OUT via this gateway to the PSTN, but incoming calls are failing, the most likely issue is that the calling search space used by the gateway is either set to none (Null) or does not include the partition that contains the internal phones.  Helpful debug to use here is DEBUG ISDN Q931.  This will allow you to see the D channel traffic for call setup for calls coming in and out of the network via the gateway.

2.  If caller can't call out either, they the circuit may be down, D channel on the PRI may be out, etc.  On the gateway, do a SHOW ISDN STATUS.  The status you want to see is MULTIFRAME_ESTABLISHED.

3.  If circuit is up, outbound calls work, and call search space is correct, the carrier may not havd the DID's mapped to your circuits.  This one is a telco problem, and you'd need their help to resolve it.  DEBUG ISDN Q931 will show no activity for the inbound call when a call attempt is made and fails if this is the case.

HTH

Cliff

tobin hawkshaw
Level 1
Level 1

I think the prompt you are hearing is being played by your line supplier, check with them and make sure the lines are bi-directional.

I see. I'll do that. Thanks for your help Tobin and Cliff.