cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to use Phone Designer

jason9045
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running a brand-new installation of UCMBE 8 and I want to roll out Phone Designer for some of my users so they can customize their backgrounds. Trouble is, I can't get wallpaper to push out to the phone. I keep getting the message 'Personalization is disabled on the selected device' anytime I try.

I've set Phone Personalization to Enabled on the individual phones, in the Common Phone Profile, and even in the Enterprise Parameters, performing a reset each time. Still, I get that message. Is there something I'm missing in enabling personalization?

Thanks,

Jason

17 Replies 17

Pointing to a subscriber fixed our problem with Phone Designer message "personalization disabled" All our 7962 and 7942 Cisco IP phones on our CUCM 8.5 cluster are now able to use Phone Designer.

Thanks George!

good one George - THE CORRECT answer

Our Designer has always been pointed to the Subscriber.  As scheived  noted at that time, downgrading the phone firmware did fix our issue, so whichever works...roll with it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: