cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2 Can a subscriber leave an Informative message with no voicemail option?

eduardmuni
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Te scenario is: Cisco Callmanager 5.1 clustered

Cisco Unity 4.2

There are three people that don't want to have voicemail, because they stay out of the office for 2 weeks every month. They told me If I can configure in they extensions, only an informative message (personalized for each one) like "Hello, this is XXXX and I'm out of the office, please contact me by e-mail..." with no option to leave him a message.

This is possible? How can I do this?

Thank you very much.

Regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Eduard,

There are a couple of ways to do this

You can change the "After Greeting" action on the user greeting page to either

Hang-up or Say Goodbye.

You can get the users to record their Alternate Greeting and then set the Block Messages

on the user greeting when Alternate is recorded.

Cheers!

Rob

"Everything is broken" - Bob Dylan

View solution in original post

Hi Muni,

Hope this is very simple one which you asked.

Ask your users to record their greeting (i.e i am currently out of office but still i am available on my mobile XXXXXXX)

Step 1 : Login into the subscriber account on cisco unity 4.2.

Step 2: Access the menu " Greeting "

Step 3: Pleas make sure which greeting has been enabled ( Standard Or Alternate )

Tip : You can ask them to record the alternate greeting since it can be played for the time period if they are out of office from May 1 to May 7 you can play the greeting only from May 1 - 7.

Step 4: When your alternate greeting in effect your standard greeting will be hide and also not operational.

Step 5: There is a option on cisco unity 4.2 in the same page "After Greeting" select send caller to "Hang up"

So once the information provided to the callers call will get disconnect automatically so callers will not be having an option to leave the voicemail message.

Tip : When you enable this hang up setting pls be careful if your alternate greeting is enabled this should be done on alternate greeting page...

Hope this will be helpful.... Kulasekara Raja. K

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Eduard,

There are a couple of ways to do this

You can change the "After Greeting" action on the user greeting page to either

Hang-up or Say Goodbye.

You can get the users to record their Alternate Greeting and then set the Block Messages

on the user greeting when Alternate is recorded.

Cheers!

Rob

"Everything is broken" - Bob Dylan

Hi Muni,

Hope this is very simple one which you asked.

Ask your users to record their greeting (i.e i am currently out of office but still i am available on my mobile XXXXXXX)

Step 1 : Login into the subscriber account on cisco unity 4.2.

Step 2: Access the menu " Greeting "

Step 3: Pleas make sure which greeting has been enabled ( Standard Or Alternate )

Tip : You can ask them to record the alternate greeting since it can be played for the time period if they are out of office from May 1 to May 7 you can play the greeting only from May 1 - 7.

Step 4: When your alternate greeting in effect your standard greeting will be hide and also not operational.

Step 5: There is a option on cisco unity 4.2 in the same page "After Greeting" select send caller to "Hang up"

So once the information provided to the callers call will get disconnect automatically so callers will not be having an option to leave the voicemail message.

Tip : When you enable this hang up setting pls be careful if your alternate greeting is enabled this should be done on alternate greeting page...

Hope this will be helpful.... Kulasekara Raja. K

Great answer!

Thank you very much. Tried and working!

Best Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: