Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5 call handler issue

yixiu0317
Level 1
Level 1

Hi  There,

I got a requirement to transfer a call from 1 internal number to another internal number with greeting and we are using unity 5 as the voicemail server.

It like incoming call to extension 12345 -> play the greeting -> transfer call to number 67890.

I created a call handler, "A", under the "call transfer" I sent the call to 67890, and under "Greeting" after greeting I sent the call to handler A.

But it keeps playing the greeting and dose not transfer the call.

Could someone give me some advice about how to make it work?

Thanks in advance            

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Calls go through the parts of a call handler in a certain order; the 'transfer' rules take effect only when calls are sent to that call handler from another call handler (such as a directory hanlder or subscriber).

Do something like this:

Call Handler A - extension 12345 - forward extension 12345 to Unity.

Call Handler A - set  the greeting, and 'after greeting' action to 'Call Handler B'

Create Call Handler B, and set the transfer to extension option on there.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi        Aaron,

I followed your instruction, but the when the call hit the call handler B, it did not transfer the call and says the extension in unavailable.

Any suggestion for this?

Cheers

Does the CSS on the voicemail port or SIP trunks include the target?

Check it with DNA...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Within call handler A, In the "Caller Input" I select key 1 and choose to send caller to call handler A, and it worked.

Thank you for you help.