Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7 Mailbox Usage

planetmaker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone know of a tool that will show mailbox usage for a configuarable or set period of time say 1/2/3/4/5/6 months ?

We have nearly used up all our mailbox licenses however I have a strong feeling that there will be quite a few not used through staff leaving over time.

This is due to a failing in how we deal with our leavers process at our service desk, users Ext mobility accounts will be deleted and the ext number reissued and sometimes configured not to go to voicemail. The mailbox the ext had or was associated to has been left floating in the system.

I use the Unity Data Dump tool to find those that have been having alerts go to their phone so I can remove the alerts and access but the mail boxes are still in the system as used & associated with an ext.

If there was a tool that could show a graph (or just stats) on how often the mailboxes have had messages left or those that have been accessed we could re assign the mailboxes to those that need them.

I've checked Cisco Unity Tools at http://www.ciscounitytools.com/SiteList/AllDownloads/alldownloads.html but there doesn't appear to be anything to suit my requirements.

Any help, as always, would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi PM,

Hope all is well

Last time we spoke it was in relation to Unity Connection 7.x so I'm guessing

that's where we're at here as well. In CUC;

For unused mailboxes;

Tools > Reports > Unused Voice Mail Accounts Report .

Or from CUDD;

Time of Last Call. Indicates the date and time the user called in to check messages last.  This can be handy for finding out which boxes have not been accessed at all or which ones have not been accessed in a long time. This value is in GMT and not your local time, keep that in mind.

along with;

Set for First Time Enrollment.  Either      0 or 1.  0 means the user is no longer flagged for first time enrollment, a 1 means they are.  Typically an administrator will set everyone up for first time enrollment and when they call in and go through the enrollment this flag is set to 0.  This can be a handy way of telling who has not yet setup their mailbox so admins can go by and gently remind users they need to do this.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi PM,

Hope all is well

Last time we spoke it was in relation to Unity Connection 7.x so I'm guessing

that's where we're at here as well. In CUC;

For unused mailboxes;

Tools > Reports > Unused Voice Mail Accounts Report .

Or from CUDD;

Time of Last Call. Indicates the date and time the user called in to check messages last.  This can be handy for finding out which boxes have not been accessed at all or which ones have not been accessed in a long time. This value is in GMT and not your local time, keep that in mind.

along with;

Set for First Time Enrollment.  Either      0 or 1.  0 means the user is no longer flagged for first time enrollment, a 1 means they are.  Typically an administrator will set everyone up for first time enrollment and when they call in and go through the enrollment this flag is set to 0.  This can be a handy way of telling who has not yet setup their mailbox so admins can go by and gently remind users they need to do this.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob, I guess it's easy when you know how !??

Once again huge thanks !

Hi

I'm kind of heartened that we aren’t the only ones with this problem. We rely on an LDAP integration for user provisioning. When the user leaves, the Sys Ops that look after AD, disable the account. Three days later (I think), CUCM deletes the account which leaves us (Network and Telephony) with an orphaned UDP and Voice Mail box on Unity.

With regard to your question "If there was a tool that could show a graph (or just stats) on how often the mailboxes have had messages left" with Unity 5.01, there is a tool called Cisco Unity Message Store Manager that allows you to specify exactly who is to be included and who is not. The O/P can be exported as a CSV file which has, amongst others, column headers for the number of messages left each day for days 1-7, day 14, day 21, day 28 and "voice max day". I find it a useful tool to see who is running close to quota and how they got there.

Don't know if something similar is available for your version of Unity. Robs suggestions look closer to the mark.

Regards

Richard McLoughlin

Network and Telephony (IPT)

Uiniversity of Plymouth