Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Call Flow for Helpdesk

jamesalston
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We are running Unity 5.0 with CUCM 7.x in a Unified Messaging enviroment. I would like some call flow recommendations to acheive the following.

Have users call helpdesk ext 4200 and it goes straight to voice mail

Each week a different technician will be responsible for after hour calls, so messages left for ext 4200 after hours will need to be forwarded to duty Tech.

Techs need to have the ability to administer ext 4200 VM to change the forwarding number as  needed

I'm thinking that some sort of call handler configuration will get the job done, but currently I'm experiencing brain blockage. I know how to make ext 4200 ring to VM, but I'm not exactly sure of how to enable Techs the ability to change forwarding information. I"m hopeful that someone out there has this type of call flow already in place and can point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance for your help.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you mean they will actually get the call???

Or just a VM notification??

If all you need is for users to get the VM notification configure a subscriber and have them use PCA to change the notification devices.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for your suggestion, I gave helpdesk CCMUser access to the device hosting ext x4200 ext and they simply forward their calls as needed.

I just noticed that a perfectly valid and helpful answer by Java has been low-rated with two stars.

Since I think that is unfair rating, I invite the person that left it, to think again when rating in the future.

In the meanwhile, I've rated it again for what it's worth - five stars.

I apprecitate his answer but it wasn't the solution I was looking for so it was somewhat helpful which was how it was rated.  Is it to be expected now in this forum to get criticizied if someone doesn't get the rating the someone else thinks they shoud get?