Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 11.5 MTP and DTMF

Vinh Nguyen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I recently upgraded from CUC 10.5 to 11.5.  After upgrade there is no DTMF being sent from IP Phones registered with CUCM (also upgraded from 10.5 to 11.5).  The integration is SIP.  The Unity Connections work fine with CUCM on 10.5.  I have tried all sorts of configurations but no luck.  The only way it will work is if I tick the MTP required on the SIP Trunk to Unity Connections.  However I don't want to use MTP.  Is there anything change in CUC 11.5 for this to occur?

4 Replies 4

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
What is the SIP trunk DTMF preference ? Can you take a SDL trace for a test call and share here ?

I have tried various DTMF options however it is not standard Unity Connections configuration.  All the configurations should be retained from the upgrade.  Why does it all of a sudden need MTP going from 10.5 to 11.5

There can be a variety of reasons from a unintended config change to hitting an unexpected bug. Are these Cisco IP Phones or third party phones (please mention the phone model)? Also please attach Callmanager traces for a failed call.

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

This is the trace.  VM Pilot is 5555.  Tested extension from 4030 and 5174

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: