cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.5 Random MWI light.

tim.stapleford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I'm gradually migrating users from Unity to Unity connection 8.5.

The only issue I have is that a few users are getting the MWI light turning on randomly, no meesage when they check VM, it goes off when  I reset it on the user page, it seems generally to happen to the same few users, any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Tim

9 Replies 9

tim.stapleford
Level 1
Level 1

Just found out that if you run 'check telephony configuration', it tells you what the issue is!.....

Can you tell me where you reset the MWI light?

Also, where do you see "check telephony config"?

Are Unity and Unity Connection currently integrated with the same CUCM cluster?  Do you have either system configured to automatically resync MWI daily?

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Once inside of Unity Connection on the left side stroll down to Telephony Intergrations and highlight Phone System.  Now look to the top right of the UC window and find Related Links under the Navigation drop down list.   Click the Go button next to Check Telephony Configuration drop down list and that should do it.

To reset MWI light for a certain user go to that user and then find the Edit menu  then Message Waiting Indicators. Highlight MWI-1 then hit the reset button

jamesalston
Level 1
Level 1

I am having this issue with one user out of 300 users.  When I run the Check Telephony Configuration Link  it says No Problems Detected. At this point all I'm able to do is reset that user's MWI but by the next day their MWI light is back on and there is no message. I"ve deleted and recreated that voicemail box and it hasn't changed anything.  Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

You said you are gradually migrating users from Unity to Unity Connection.  My assumption then would be that both systems are online and integrated with the same phone system.  Questions:

Does the user have a mailbox on both Unity and Unity Connection?  If so, what is the MWI status on the subscriber page in Unity vs. Unity Connection when you have this issue?

Is either or both system configured to resync MWI daily at a configured time?

David I assume you're asking Tim this question. My problem is strickly with my one user on UC8.5.

Ah-ha, I misinterpreted the thread and was replying to the original issue.  In your case, is it possible that this one user is configured as an alternate MWI extension for another subscriber?

No I don't think so, this user has two extensions assigned to their phone and I was thinking that perhaps they were getting confused but the 2nd extension does not have any messages and it appears the MWI light only appears on that user's primary extension. I've deleted and recreated that mailbox, I don't see any issue when I run the test, and once I manually reset the MWI everything is fine until the next day then the light is on again. ITS CRAZY well its driving me crazy. Thanks for your help