cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection AA for Transferring Directly to VM

SCOTT TURNER
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to create an auto attendant in Unity Connection that transfers the caller directly to voicemail instead of transferring to the extension?  I've been banging my head against the wall trying to get this to work.

Thanks

Scott

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's not determined in the call handler, that's determined under the transfer settings of EACH subscriber.

You can only choose one (ring phone or get the greeting), so there's no way to have both behaviors in CUC.

Only way I could see this work would be by adding a suffix to the DN, sending the call back to CUCM, then hitting a TP to strip the suffix and add * so you can use the method for sending someone directly to VM from CUCM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's not determined in the call handler, that's determined under the transfer settings of EACH subscriber.

You can only choose one (ring phone or get the greeting), so there's no way to have both behaviors in CUC.

Only way I could see this work would be by adding a suffix to the DN, sending the call back to CUCM, then hitting a TP to strip the suffix and add * so you can use the method for sending someone directly to VM from CUCM.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Java,

Thanks for your reply.  Interesting point about the user mailbox making the transfer descision.  I used to work a lot on Octel Aria platforms, which had menu + mailbox AAs.  I was trying to simulate that in Unity, but may have to use the transfer to CUCM method like you suggested.

Thanks!

Scott