cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity connection call handler

caseywyman
Level 1
Level 1

I have Unity Connection 10.5 and CUCM 10.5 and I am trying to setup a Call Handler to transfer to an outside number after caller input is detected. I have read around and made several changes but it has not fixed my issue. I have removed all restrictions from the table and have allowed transfers to numbers not associated with users or call handlers.

I have an extension setup that is forwarding to a 1800 number and it forwards fine. I can call the call handler from an internal phone and press 1 and it transfers to the 1800 number. When I call from an outside line and press 1 I get the "please hold while i transfer your call" message and then the phone just hangs up within 10 seconds. I am a bit confused on why this will work internally but not externally. Any help would be appreciated.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using Local Route Groups? If so, ensure the device pool assigned to your Unity SIP trunk or voicemail ports (depending on what integration method you are using) has proper LRG assigned.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

What route is the call taking once it hits your CUCM?  You will need to see how it comes in, and then trace it from there as well.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using Local Route Groups? If so, ensure the device pool assigned to your Unity SIP trunk or voicemail ports (depending on what integration method you are using) has proper LRG assigned.

Thanks for the help. I was deploying the 2nd remote site on this CUCM and the SIP trunk was setup to use the local route group of the 1st site that was setup. 

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

is your 1800 numbers offnet or onnet calls ? if it is offnet calls, you might need to disable block offnet to offnet parameter and make it false. 

HTH

Anas

don't forget to rate the helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: