Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Closed Greeting

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

Unity Connections  11.5

Is there a way to disable the closed greeting option so it is not offered as an option to record?  Or is there a way to make it so the closed greeting is NOT dependent on a schedule?

I ask because we recently moved away from utilizing O365 for voicemail to Unity Connections.  In the past, schools office staff would record a closed greeting an enable it for snow days, etc.   However with Unity, the closed greeting is dependent on a schedule which doesn't work under these circumstances.   I am aware that using the alternate greeting is the answer but this will require mass communication and a major change from what was a standard procedure.

Thanks!

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

By default Closed greeting is unchecked, but as you say people can enable it when desired, I am not aware of a way not to allow them to do that.  With that being said you can build any schedule you want to only play that greeting when  needed, i.e. after hours and inclement weather, etc.  Alternate greeting is always an option, but that takes precedence above other greetings including Standard, so users/admin would need to disable it manually or specify end date when enabling it.

Thanks for the reply.  We have over 80 schools so I would have to administrate the closed schedule to accommodate when schools close.. which I don't really want to do  :).

Because the alternate greeting takes precedence over other greetings, the person creating the greeting can still enable with an end date.   Same as the closed with the exception the closed is dependent on a schedule.

Sound right?

Are they all on different schedules?

slightly but I am not using schedules.  Well, the scheduled used for every location via the sites user template is set to ALL HOURS.   Since I can't predict when a school is going to close due to bad weather, I don't how using a closed greeting for this is possible.  I may looking at this the wrong way however.  

williamyterrill
Level 1
Level 1

Exploring options to streamline closed greetings in Unity Connection post-transition from O365. Is there a way to decouple closed greetings from schedules for flexibility? Considering the impact on standard procedures, especially during events like snow day predictor. Seeking insights and best practices!

To answer your specific question: No, the Closed greeting is specifically designed to work with a schedule as a compliment to the Standard (Open) greeting. There is no way to decouple the Closed greeting from a schedule as it is invoked specifically because of a schedule.

However, if your schedule is "All Hours" the Closed Greeting (and Closed Transfer Rule) would never become active.

For Call Handlers, an Alternate Greeting can be administered (meaning re-recorded and activated/deactivated) by means of the Greetings Administrator feature. For individual voicemail accounts, an Alternate Greeting can be recorded and activated via the normal login. In both cases, once activated an Alternate Greeting can be set up with an expiration.

Does this help?

Maren

Thank you, Maren, for your detailed response. It's helpful to have clarity on the Closed greeting functionality in Unity Connection. While it seems that decoupling from schedules isn't an option, your insight into using 'All Hours' for the schedule is appreciated.

Considering the need for flexibility during special events like snow days, the Alternate Greeting for Call Handlers is a valuable workaround. I'll explore this further and communicate the process changes to our staff.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated! If you have any additional tips or best practices, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks again!

Hi,

Do you use UC as main number IVR/Greeting or you need to manage all users mailbox greetings?

Please let me know

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"