Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Greeting Poor Audio Quality

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

Running an 11.5 HA pair of UC.

Primary server is at our datacenter.  Secondary is at our HQ.  

When the primary box answers calls, the voice quality is very garbled. When I stop taking calls and force calls to be answered by the secondary box, the calls are fine.

I do not believe it is a QoS issue as calling phone to phone from datacenter to HQ is fine.  We have a 10GB link between the two that is never over utilized.  I checked RTMT and the primary is not running high CPU or anything obvious.  I bounce the server but we still have issues.  I verified it is not a routing issue, ping times between phone and server are minimal, etc.  I took ports out of service to see if it was a single port causing this but it is all ports on the primary.

Scratching my head on this one.  Anyone have any possible causes for this?

Thanks in advance for any input.

2 Replies 2

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

These issues are always troublesome!
Do you experience the garbled audio on calls originating from the PSTN or is it on internal calls going to Unity Connection too? 

Have you tried connecting a phone physically connected onto the DC network? Do you still experience the same garbled audio issue?

I take it you've checked some of the usual culprits like speed / duplex between the UCS servers (assuming UCS servers here) and the switch? You'd have other issues probably, but best to rule it out.

Are the Unity Connection servers also configured in the same audio codec format?

Also this link may help you out too with troubleshooting CUC quality issues. It's based on 10.X, but same principle applies.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/troubleshooting/guide/10xcuctsgx/10xcuctsg060.html#39306

Good luck!

Sorry for the late reply.  Weather issues here so no power over the last week.

No issues to the PSTN.  I have a phone at the DC and no voice quality issues between DC phone and HQ phone, although I do not have a phone on the server VLAN so slight difference.

Verified speed/duplex.  I will review the link and see where it takes me.

Thanks