Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity connection mail issue

Hari Prasad
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

One of my VM users has more than 500 voice mails after 12 week vacation. it is very difficulat to delete one by one. Is this possible to delete all voice mails at one time from unity server side.

i have tried but no option available.

regards

Hari

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks, Hari Prasad
3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no bulk delete on the server side, in fact you cannot delete messages as an admin. What you can do is setup either single inbox integration or IMAP connection for the user and delete the messages in outlook or login to inbox web portal and delete the messages there, though the web inbox allows only one by one deletion as well.

Chris

Thanks Team.

regards

Hari

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks, Hari Prasad

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Hari,

Just to add a note to the good thoughts from my buddy Chris here (+5 "C")

I would use the "reset" option available with this great tool from the Unity Tools suite. It's called Bulk User Delete but has many reset options as well smiley

Unity Connection Bulk User Delete  

For resetting users you have the option of emptying the mailbox, resetting greetings, deleting voice names, resetting passwords, removing private lists and a number of other options you may choose.  For installations where the user base “changes over” frequently such as schools this may be a nicer option.  This option is also allowed for CoRes installations since it does not involve the removal of user objects from the Connection database.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/BulkUserDelete/Help/ConnectionBulkUserDelete.htm#_Toc239146394

Cheers!

Rob