cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Speech to Text Transcription

asafayan1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a requirement to provide speech to text transcription for voicemails.  I see that we are not licensed for the SpeechView feature within Unity Connection.  We are running Cisco Unity Connection version: 11.5.1.14900-11.

Has anyone used this feature or any third party solutions that they would recommend?  Ideally our end users would be in a Cisco Jabber softphone configuration and see a VM in Jabber and be able to perform speech to text and grab the text and manipulate it.

TIA,

Amir

Amir

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SpeechView is the feature for this, but as you mention it's licensed feature and you need to purchase license for the users you want to give this feature to.  It comes in 2 flavors: Standard and Professional, and the license needs to be renewed every year. Check out the data sheet for more info:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unity-connection/data_sheet_c78-609206.html

And yes I have deployed it few times and for the most part it works as advertised.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SpeechView is the feature for this, but as you mention it's licensed feature and you need to purchase license for the users you want to give this feature to.  It comes in 2 flavors: Standard and Professional, and the license needs to be renewed every year. Check out the data sheet for more info:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unity-connection/data_sheet_c78-609206.html

And yes I have deployed it few times and for the most part it works as advertised.

Thanks Chris.  

Have you seen any third party product that integrates with Jabber to perform voice to text transcription on the fly for VMs left in Jabber?  

The application for this is we are looking to roll out Jabber to numerous staff distributed throughout our medical organization.  If a caller left them a VM, the staff member could view it in text within Jabber and simply cut and paste it into our Electronic Medical Record application.

Pipe dream?

Hi @asafayan1 ,

Were you able to find a solution for this?

I am also looking for a solution to a similar problem.

Please let me know.