cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection System Call Handler Caller Input allowed only after Standard Greeting

haidliu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Anyone know if there is a way to allow caller input only after the standard greeting is played on System Call Handler in Unity Connection 8.6? Basically we want the caller to listen the standard greeting first, then provide maybe 7-10 second for caller input, if no input, repeat the process again, as in play greeting then wait for caller input, and after 3 repeats then hangup.

On standard greeting page, there is ignore input option, but once selected, Times to Re-Prompt Caller and Delay Between Re-prompts option is greyed out automatically, and caller input is disabled completed even after standard greeting is played.

Can anyone share some light on this problem?

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

I can think of a workaround (maybe) - play the standard greeting and then transfer to another call handler which has a greeting with a wav file that plays a blank recording for 10s and configure your caller inputs there.

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not aware of achieving this in UCXN. Sorry.

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

I can think of a workaround (maybe) - play the standard greeting and then transfer to another call handler which has a greeting with a wav file that plays a blank recording for 10s and configure your caller inputs there.

tried that already, but did not work. If I transfer from one call handler to another call handler, then greeting set on the second call handler will not play, no matter if it's blank recording or a test audio.

Are you selecting "Go directly to greetings" and not "Attempt transfer"?

I used Attempt transfer before, I will try out go directly to greetings option later and update this thread on the result. 

Thank you George for your suggestion and help on this, very much appreciated!

I managed to get this working by set the first call handler to disable caller input and after greeting is played it will transfer to second call handler which allow caller input and plays another greeting (same as first greeting, just added 10s blank at the beginning), and repeat this greeting 2 times until hangup.  I used attempt transfer and it works, not sure what happened when failed at my first attempt.

That's all working now.  Thanks George for the insight!