cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity connectoin UM SMTP question

ulambaday
Level 1
Level 1

Can we have two SMTP domains in the same CUC??

I have a request from a client that they want to send their voicemails to their email

But here is the case

Company 1: user1@company1.com

Now they want to send the voicemail from same unity connection cluster but to a different company

Company 2: user2@company2.com

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

This is possible, the way you would do this is create multiple UM service accounts and assign it appropriately to users. Keep in mind, the from address can only be from a single domain. Also for LDAP authentication, you will have to use a GC.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/directry.html#wp1045381

There can only be one smart host configured if message relay is a requirement.

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

This is possible, the way you would do this is create multiple UM service accounts and assign it appropriately to users. Keep in mind, the from address can only be from a single domain. Also for LDAP authentication, you will have to use a GC.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/directry.html#wp1045381

There can only be one smart host configured if message relay is a requirement.

Thanks a lot for the info Goerge, I will try creating an UM service account for company2.

But when you create a user, I think we still see the SMTP Address: XXXXX@company1.com??

or will that override the configuration from Unified messaging accounts??

Account information

:

You can set the Use This email address and set the right SMTP address. Of course, this will be a manual process when creating users and if this needs to be automated so that the "Generate SMTP proxy address" fills in the right address, then you will have to create another LDAP sync agreement and for authentication look into the URL I mentioned earlier.

Got it, I will request for service account and test it.

Thanks a lot for your help!!!