Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express Auto Attendant Initialization

Duncan Watson
Level 1
Level 1

All,

Have a 2851 running spservices 12.4(22)T and CUCME 7.0.1  w/ Unity Express  3.1.1 on an Integrated Service Engine.

We're trying to enable AutoAttendant using the default 'autoattendant'  profile and 'aasimple.aef' script.  The receiving FXO port automatically  forwards external callers a hunt group (using 'connection plar opx') and from  there, after a bit of hunting, to the AA.

However, the caller hits a prompt saying that the Auto Attendant (or the Unity  module, I forget which) feature has not been initialized.

It seems that when the router was originally setup, it was done without  performing the initialization (however, if I login to the UE unit with  'service-module Integrated-service-engine 1/0 session' I don't get prompted to  initialize, and if I do a 'show run', I get a fully formed config coming  back).

So this leads me to two questions:

1) is there any way of 'initializing' the UE without going through the  trouble of setting it back to factory default?

2) out of interest, is there a 'show' command that lets you see the current  initialization setting (true/false).

Thanks

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your CUE is initialized. That is the default AA welcome message that have to be replaced with your own.