Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity gurus -- call handler issue

Greetings!

So I'm in the middle of setting up a CCM 8.5 and Unity Connection 8.5 enviorment.  I've setup my call handler, and assigned extensions to them.

Issue -- When I dial the main number for the call handler (Assigned extension 6752) the system prompts me to enter my id as if i'm signing in instead of going to the call handler.  I'm sure it's something simple somewhere, what am I missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Loging to Unity Connection Admin Page, go to Routing Rules and ensure you do not have something defined for this 6752 number. 

Is the issue only if you can this call hanlder, what if you call others or if you can another phone that forwards you to VM?

Chris

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marcus,

In most cases I would set up 6752 as a CTI-RP in CUCM with a Call Forward All

to Unity Connection. Is this how you are routing calls from CUCM to CUC?

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I currently do have the 6752 setup as a Translation Pattern in CUCM with all calls being forwarded to voicemail_css

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marcus,

On the CTI-RP page I see 6752 listed twice with two different partitions. Is this by design?

Cheers!

Rob

Yup! We have 2 seperate sites, 1 partition transfers to 6752 on site 1, second partion transfers to 6752 on site 2

is this SIP or SCCP VM integration? If SIP make sure you have Diversion Header checked on your SIP trunk, and not using "External phone number mask" on the Route Pattern.

Also, check your UCON Forwarding Routing Rules.

HTH,

Chris

All SCCP.

Did you look at your Routing Rules on UCON?

Chris

Chris are you refering to the CTI route points? Or what specifically do you want me to look at?

Loging to Unity Connection Admin Page, go to Routing Rules and ensure you do not have something defined for this 6752 number. 

Is the issue only if you can this call hanlder, what if you call others or if you can another phone that forwards you to VM?

Chris

Hi Chris,

There was a forward routing rule, that was not referencing 6752.  I removed it, and the calls are going to the call handler now (weird)

Chris got the point!

Now to figure out how to configure the routing without screwing up my phone trees! thanks guys

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marcus,

I'm sorry to be so dense here, but this part lost me completely

We have 2 seperate sites, 1 partition transfers to 6752 on site 1, second partion transfers to 6752 on site 2

Are you saying there are 2 - 6752 Call Handlers??

Maybe if you could explain the call flow and relation to the Partitions I might clue in.

Sorry man!

Rob

Hi Rob!

We have two 6752 Call handlers.

SJC partition -- 6752 -- SJC Call Handler for the SJC Campus

MVC Partion -- 6752 -- MVC Call Handler for the MVC Campus

Before, both unity servers were seperated. 

The new setup the unity servers are in a cluster.  I've tried removing the 6752 reference from the MVC Call handler, on the off chance that there was a conflict, but that doesn't resolve the issue (Which is why I think it's something simple that im missing)

One additional sympton! I have some voicemail boxes setup, when I dial them, it does not go to the voicemail box but sends the call to the login prompt as well.  It has to be something simple doh!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: