cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity mailbox "Listen Only" access

mvietorisz1
Level 1
Level 1

We have a department that would like to setup a call-handler that directs callers to one of four mailboxes. These four mailboxes will then be monitored by supervisors, however, they want to restrict the access for these supervisors to "Listen Only", not allowing them to delete or do anything else with the voicemail messages themselves. Then there would be one super-user who would be able to delete and do all the normal things one would do in a voice mailbox, for all four mailboxes.

So we have Mailbox 1 through 4 and Supervisors A through D. Then we have SuperUser A.

Supervisor A can login to mailbox 1 and only listen to the messages, not delete them.

Supervisor B can login to mailbox 2 and only listen to the messages, not delete them...

etc.

SuperUser A can login to mailboxes 1 through 4 and listen/delete messages at their will.

Is this possible to setup in Unity? We are running Cisco Unity Connection version: 7.0.2.10000-38

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Why don't you configure the recipient as a distribution list so everyone gets the message, this way they can just delete the message if they don't want it, but the admin will always have his copy.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

You could front end with a Call Handler and just set the message recipient as your distro list. Voilà!

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!!!

Sent from my iPhone

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This isn't a really a concept that exists in Unity Connection.  Once a user logs in to the mailbox, they have TUI access for basic functions like save, delete, etc.  As far as a "Super User" goes, this concept exists but from an administrative perspective - it doesn't change what they can do via the TUI conversation.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Why don't you configure the recipient as a distribution list so everyone gets the message, this way they can just delete the message if they don't want it, but the admin will always have his copy.

HTH

java

HTH

java

javalenc,

I'm not exactly sure how to do what you said. How can you configure a mailbox as a distribution list? I can configure a distribution list that can be used to forward messages to, but for a distribution list to be a mailbox itself? I don't see a way to do this in Unity.

With a dist. list, the "super-user" would have to go into the mailbox and then forward each message to the distribution list manually. As far as I can tell, there's no way to have this automated. It would be great if, as soon as a voicemail message is recorded, the mailbox would auto-forward it to the desired dist. list. But I don't think Unity has this capability?

Correct me if I'm wrong!

Thanks for the replies,

- Mike

You could front end with a Call Handler and just set the message recipient as your distro list. Voilà!

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!!!

Sent from my iPhone

Hailey knows what I'm talking about ;-)

Usually if someone leaves a VM in a call handler the owner (by default the example admin) will also be the configured recipient.

However, you can make another person the recipient for the VMs, or you can set a distribution list so everyone included will get a copy.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thank you to both of you. While this isn't exactly what our users wanted, this should suffice! Cheers!

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

-